As the tech lead for the team building the merchant mobile app on iOS, you’ll be leading a small group of iOS developers to empower our business users to leverage Groupon as their partner to drive customers through their door. We’re past the world where software was written for “businesses” - we build software for people! The needs of our users are both demanding and complex - your team will build compelling, contextually aware, and timely experiences for our merchant users on their phones and tablets. You’ll be driving our technical decisions and collaborating with back end engineering teams as well as product and design partners to ensure our merchant users get what they need, when they need it. The experiences need to be incredibly high quality and performant - our business users can’t tolerate downtime or errors, as Groupon is critical in serving their individual customers.
At the end of the day, you’ll be writing great code, and will be collaborating with product, engineering, and design leaders to ensure we’re not only solving problems in the right way, but that we’re solving the right problems.
The merchant engineering team is growing significantly, and there are numerous opportunities available - we’re going to change the face of local commerce, and if you’re up for the challenge, please get in touch!
- BA/BS in Computer Science or relevant work experience
- Deep knowledge in Objective-C and Swift on all iOS platforms.
- Possess thorough knowledge of best practices and guidelines in iOS
- Experience in App development for iOS, using UIKit (Auto-Layout, Storyboards, UIAnimation), CoreData and some widely used 3rd party frameworks
- Some experience with CocoaPods and fastlane
- Experience with RESTful web services and JSON but not afraid of heterogeneous APIs
- Experience in managing the Apple certification/provisioning and App Store delivery process
- You have shipped at least one non-trivial iOS app to the AppStore
- Version control with Git using common branching and merging workflows
- You love clean code and agile development