- Datenbankentwicklung / BI
Ready to change the way the world works? This is your chance to develop innovative
new technology products, as well as your career, with one of the world's largest and
innovative technology companies! Hone your expertise alongside fellow talented
professionals, where you will develop some of the most exciting software solutions on the market. At IBM, we are strongly committed to the advancement of open Internet
standards and applications as well.
IBM Security X-Force in Kassel delivers Threat Intelligence in the area of campaign
detection (e.g. botnet intelligence, bad actor identification, DNS Analytics, Web and IP reputation, Spam detection). Based on the algorithms developed in research we create software components and products which deliver actionable insights on emerging threats. This data is provided to our Threat Intelligence Portal IBM X-Force Exchange, as well as for our content security products and services.
As an IBM Database Engineer, you will use the latest tools and technologies available to process big data in a real-time productive private/public cloud environment. In your position you will be part of an agile continuous delivery DevOps team. This team is also responsible for the architecture and operation of our large distributed computing cluster. You will help ensure that software components are expertly designed, tested, debugged, verified, and ready for integration into IBM's best-of-breed solutions that help organizations improve their business outcomes in the global marketplace.
We are looking for people with excellent database engineering, Big Data as well as Cloud skills in addition to good software development knowledge. Applicants should be familiar with relational and non-relational databases, as well as cloud computing concepts and technologies. A passion to engage in continuous learning and self-improvement is also a must, as the security market is constantly changing, requiring you to stay ahead of the threat.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline
- Good knowledge in current database technologies
- Good experience in at least two of the following areas:
- At least 1 year experience in SQL and NoSQL
- Solid experience in an high level programming language and at least one scripting language
- Solid experience in Big Data
- Basic knowledge in Test Driven Development, Agile Development
- Good communication and presentation skills
- German: Upper intermediate (B2 level)
- English: Intermediate (B1 level)
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Master's Degree in computer science or a related discipline
- At least 2 years experience in SQL, NoSQL, and additional current database technologies
- At least 2 years experience in an high level programming language and at least two scripting languages
- At least 1 year experience in Test Driven Development, Agile Development
- English: Upper intermediate (B2 level)