- Business Analysis
- Informatik (Andere)
Exciting challenges at an academic publisher?
Where else but here: at Springer Nature!
In the context of our digital strategies, in Berlin, we develop new software and optimize our global platforms (e.g. springernature.com, nature.com, springermedizin.de, palgrave.com). Together with colleagues in London, Pune and New York we work to ensure that our customers enjoy access to individual content – every day and from anywhere in the world. Our working philosophy is agile and highly motivated – with the atmosphere and culture of a start-up, embedded in a vital and dynamic, global publishing group.
The two sides of your job: between daily thrills and a healthy work-life balance
We are looking for a metadata manager with focus on data relevant to online trade and retail business. The role will carry a permanent attention on maximizing discoverability and search engine optimization by improving metadata of the entire Springer Nature frontlist and backlist book portfolio in online trade catalogs (such as Amazon, Nielsen etc.) and our own webshops. This role is an interface between the Product Data & Metadata department and eCommerce department, which requires teamwork, analytical thinking, and communication skills.
And nevertheless, at the end of the day you’ll be home in time for dinner!
Are you motivated and consider yourself a strongly analytical and communicative person? Then you could play the lead role in our team and...
- run large-scale data analysis to investigate ways of improving discoverability and ranking of our books in search engines and trade catalogs
- create a regular data report on the basis of an agreed set of KPIs to show progress and shortfalls
- work closely with our online retail and marketing teams to ensure the needs of the business are met and regularly reviewed for optimization
- be responsible for communicating process and workflow changes to internal users (e. g. publishing and production staff), either by delivering training modules or regular documentation updates.
- collaborate with internal SEO specialists and copywriters to ensure that data is optimized according to current SEO best practice
- enforce compliance of publishing and production editors with given rule-sets
- develop strong working links with online trade catalogs (Amazon, Nielsen etc.) representatives
- actively monitor industry standards and developments regarding SEO and effective data management
If you’re fluent in English, have an excellent understanding of bibliographic metadata, the ability to manage large data sources in all relevant formats and query tools (XML, SQL etc.) and know SEO, we might be a perfect fit!
Success in three simple steps:
- If your CV looks promising, we’ll contact you for a short telephone call – that will give you a chance to learn more about who we are, and we’ll get an impression of your motivation
- We’ll then send you a test that you can complete in your own time
- Lastly, there will be an in-person interview on site – where you’ll get to know your future colleagues, the working atmosphere and Springer Nature’s projects
Working Hours: Full-time
Company and Location: Springer Science+Business Media, Berlin