- Machine Learning
- Microsoft Azure
- MS Exchange
- Oracle DB - PL/SQL
- Unit Testing
Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) Software Engineer
We are developing and maintaining trading automation solutions and software for algorithmic trading.
Business Area (BA) Markets maximizes the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimizing and dispatching, hedging and sourcing for Vattenfall’s assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimize 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with more than 450 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.
The Operational Unit (OU) Operations is responsible for providing Analysis, IT, Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) and Project Management support to the Vattenfall Assets and Trading Division – the mission is to enable business. OU Operations is consisting of highly skilled employees with backgrounds ranging from mathematics, engineering, economics, computer science to project management. We are present in the locations Hamburg, Stockholm and Amsterdam.
For our office in Hamburg we are looking for a dedicated and motivated person to fill the position of a ETRM Software Engineer in the Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) Market Access & Logistics team.
You will be part of the Market Access & Logistic team, which holds IT technical competencies as well as in-depth business knowledge about exchanges, products and trading processes.
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious IT professionals who are looking for a challenging and diverse job within a leading energy company in one of the fastest changing and evolving trading areas.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
Market Access & Logistics enables business in BA Markets through a timely and sustainable delivery of application development and support in the area Energy Logistics and Trading. We are operating all trading related applications within BA Markets.
You will do development and maintenance of our front office and logistics systems, including daily support and change management. The team does both, evolutionary development on existing in-house developed software and from-the-scratch development of new tools. We are supporting our trading analysts with “state of the art” software development for algorithmic trading. One of our future challenges lies in further trade automation and algorithmic trading.
Your main focus will be the development of new software, to be used by our Trading department and maintenance / re-engineering of existing legacy tools.
We are using the following technologies:
- Microsoft .NET Framework / Core (C#)
- Angular 7+
- Microsoft DevOps, aka VSTS
- Microsoft Azure
- Oracle Database
- Microsoft Sql Server and other cloud based NoSql database solutions
Your job as a ETRM Software Engineer
- Front Office and Logistics support for existing tools, e.g. Power Intraday position handling, gas trading applications, market (exchange) access applications
- Active communication to traders and other IT departments in Vattenfall
- Transferring business requirements into solutions and changes
- Change management
- Configuration management
- Incident management, resolving malfunctions that occur in trading applications and trader tools
- Communication with external & internal software suppliers
- Maintain legacy software applications
- Participating actively in an agile team & DevOps team
- Participating in the on call team supporting 24×7 business critical applications
- Maintaining and developing web and Windows applications with Microsoft .NET Framework / Core in C#
- Maintaining and developing data access layer using Sql Technologies
- Developing front-end applications using Angular 7+
- Writing unit tests
- Maintaining and developing Azure-based applications, cloud-native
Our ideal ETRM Software Engineer has the following qualifications:
Our successful candidate has a university degree in Information Technology, Engineering or other related field with a minimum of two years of overall IT software development and IT operations experience. Basic commodity/energy trading knowledge or a financial trading background are of benefit. Your command of English is strong, both verbally and written.
- Following technical skills will be required: .NET, SQL, Angular 7+, Kafka messaging, AKS.
- Also good to have knowledge in analytical modeling using Python, MathLab, Excel/VBA or Machine Learning
- Knowledge and experience with complex software solutions
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Hands-on application support experience
- Fast learner and early adaptor of new business- and technological developments
- High degree of commitment
- Strong analytical skills
- Willingness to do the stretch over the full service chain; From 1st level support up to supplier coordination
- Team oriented and excellent communicator
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact the hiring manager Tobias Soyka via phone +49 40 244 30 362. For information about the recruitment process please contact our recruiter Marc Hofmann via phone +49 40 790 22 7788.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!