- Datenbankentwicklung / BI
- Apache Spark
- Data Scientist
- Machine Learning
LOCATION: Berlin, DE, 10245
COMPANY: BASF Services Europe GmbH
JOB FIELD: IT / Information Management
JOB CONDITIONS: Permanent
JOB ID: EN58217272_ONLE_2
At Digitalization & Information Services, we are shaping the digital transformation at BASF. In doing so, we are establishing a stable and secure IT infrastructure and jointly developing innovative digital solutions with the BASF divisions, which make our customers more successful. We are constantly looking for new and promising ideas and technologies in order to be the world's leading digital chemical company.
The Data Science team in the Global Technology Unit as part of the BASF wide Data Science Community implements new solutions and algorithms to improve and extent our services together with Data Analysts in the Service Delivery Units. This includes creating a framework for use case management, getting privileged access to expert databases and tools, sharing of best practices as well as the technical implementation of use cases.
- You will take over the technical responsibility for the project lifecycle of the assigned application cases.
- You will define requirements (needed data tables, causality and correlation factors), expected output formats (table, chart, rule definition etc.) and measurable goals of use cases together with Units.
- You will Select and evaluate data (Check data regarding completeness, correctness, relevance) together with Manager´s.
- You will develop statistical learning methods & predictive models (including access to expert databases and tools) and you will test and implement of developed solution together with service units.
- You will share information and best practices within BASF Data Science community, and you will participate in different innovation projects.
- You have a PhD or Master´s degree in computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, machine learning or other data centric disciplines.
- You collected at least one year business experience in process optimization, experience in applying statistical and predictive models and strong analytical ability.
- You have advanced knowledge of machine learning algorithms, scripting languages and tools (e.g. Python, R, Spark, Cybernetic Cluster, Alteryx).
- You can build the bridge between the requirements of different departments and digital solutions that can be applied for them and you have advanced project management skills.
- On a personal level, you are able to communicate effectively and confidently in German and English.
- You take responsibility and demonstrate persistence in order to achieve goals and exceed expectations, even in tough situations.
- Please indicate in your application documents your salary requirements and your earliest possible starting date.
- Development discussions and programs so that you can reach your full potential.
- Health and wellbeing programs to help you achieve better health and work-life balance.
- Flexible work arrangements so that you can balance your working life and private life.
- Onboarding to help you settle in quickly, ensuring you are part of the BASF team from day one.
BASF Services Europe GmbH can be found in the heart of Berlin and delivers a range of services for the BASF Group across Europe as a "Shared Service Center". We are an international team of 2000 employees from more than 50 nations and we bring together know-how in the areas of finance, controlling, HR, procurement, product safety and digitalization. We place an emphasis on teamwork and commitment and put diversity and inclusion into practice every day.
Learn more about the SSC at http://www.on.basf.com/ServicesEuropeEN
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.