- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Apache Hadoop
- Continuous Integration (CI)
- Docker (Container)
- Google Cloud Platform
- Proof of Concept
- RESTful Web Services
- Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP)
Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Location: Düsseldorf, Vodafone Campus
If you love to work with:
Microservices, API, AWS, Kubernetes, Service Meshes
you might be the perfect match!
Vodafone offers a wide array of services to hundreds of major business partners and millions of customers. These include identification & authentication, charging, location-based and self-service capabilities for MyVodafone, Consumer IoT, Chatbot, AI capabilities and many more.
As Digital Enablers within Consumer Product & Services we enable, orchestrate and expose our Digital Capabilities to third parties and Vodafone Services.
Our Platforms are hosted on a containerized cloud, running many Microservices & employing latest Analytics and Tooling for the Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) chain.
You will work closely with the Technical Product Owners and Scrum Teams gathering information & proposing solutions. Strong analytical, functional, technical and communication skills are essential for this role.
With us you will:
- Drive the Microservices Architecture for the Digital Enablers
- Act as a lead functional and technical representative for the Digital Enablers area
- Contribute to the digital roadmap by designing and realising solutions
- Govern the evolution of platforms, ensuring the compliance of the solutions
- Actively influence the Vodafone Architects Community and Architectural Boards
- Work in an agile environment with an international team, local and remote stakeholders
- Have access to and work with innovative technologies
- Lead distributed technical teams, design and delivery of respective product portfolios
- Build new services and add new features to existing ones
Apply if you have / are:
- Very good, fluent business English skills, spoken and in writing
- Proven professional experience and knowledge of:
- Design and implementation of Microservices (e.g. Spring Boot, Quarkus, GraphQL) & service mesh architectures
- AWS Cloud technologies (e.g. Google Cloud Platform) + services
- Microservices and network security like SSL/TLS, IPSEC/Tunnels and Firewalls
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery Pipelines (Jenkins/Jenkins-X, Docker Registry, Helm, Jmeter, Git)
- Deep understanding of API (REST/ SOAP / TMF) & building proof of concept
- Virtualization technologies & container solutions such VMWare, Kubernetes, Docker
- Analytics and monitoring platforms and technologies: Hadoop Cloudera, Splunk, Tableau
- Worked in Agile teams and organizations (Scrum and/or Kanban)
What’s in it for you?
- 30 days annual leave
- Flexible working hours & home office
- Pension matching scheme for up to 9% of gross salary
- Global parental leave policy - 16 weeks fully paid leave and upon returning to work, new parents can work part-time hours for 6 months whilst being paid their full-time salary
- 5 paid days leave for charity projects
- Choose a business phone you can also use privately + Vodafone family & friends discounts, e.g. up to 50% discount on any mobile tariff for up to 5 people
- Access to Vodafone University
- Access to the gym & a great canteen at Vodafone Campus Düsseldorf
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.