- CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery)
- Quality Assurance
- Unified Modeling Language (UML)
Why You Should Join Us
Are you looking for a new challenge that puts you in charge of performing your duties? Then you will find the Rheinmetall Group to be an attractive employer. When you work for us, you have more than a job. With your skills and ideas, you have the opportunity to make an impact.
Solutions For A Changing World
Megatrends such as urbanization, climate change, and the increasing level of risk around the world are making the desire for mobility and security ever stronger. With our cutting-edge technologies in the automotive and defence sectors, we ensure the mobility and security of modern society.
Join us. Let us work together to devise solutions that turn change into opportunity.
What We Are Looking For
Changing environmental conditions, scenarios and threats as well as the associated complexity of modern air traffic systems require well-trained personnel - especially in critical situations. Rheinmetall Electronics in Bremen is developing simulators for this purpose, enabling users to receive highly realistic training - and thus prepare for upcoming missions. These include: computer-aided training, procedure and system trainers, cockpit procedures, maintenance trainers through to full-mission simulators and networked tactical simulators.
As a C++ software developer (m/f/d) you design and develop concepts and software components for our flight simulators. You will work in an international development team using modern methods of agile software development. Our flight simulation works project-based. This gives you the opportunity for a varied and diverse job with changing requirements.
The following tasks await you:
- Analysis and evaluation of customer requirements in the respective project and derivation of a conclusive solution implementation
- Development of own software components and further development of existing software models
- Implementation, integration and testing of the software components in the superordinate simulation system
- Creation of software specifications
- Documentation and verification of the created software
- Cost estimates and make-or-buy analyses for software components
- Administration/configuration of Linux systems
What Qualifications You Should Have
- Completed studies in the field of aerospace, computer science or comparable qualifications
- Very good knowledge of C++/11/14
- Experience in object-oriented software development under Linux and Windows
- Ability to quickly learn to use new APIs and frameworks
- Understanding design patterns and best practices (both at the architecture and implementation levels)
- Knowledge in the area of administration of Linux
- Knowledge of software testing (unit tests), continuous integration, delivery and deployment
- Experience with CMake-based build environments, STL and Boost
- Experience with version control systems (Git)
- Basic understanding of UML diagrams
- Good command of written and spoken English, German is desirable
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
What We Offer You
We offer you a creative, dynamic working environment in which you will play a central role as an IT specialist. To meet the ever-increasing demands in the areas of mobility and security, we need your know-how. As an employee in our company, you benefit from a positive working atmosphere in which you can feel comfortable in the long term. Together with your motivated colleagues, you will work with us on new exciting and extraordinary technologies and products for global markets.
At our location in Bremen we offer you
- Attractive remuneration
- Flexible working time models
- Fitness and health offers
Who We Are
The Electronic Solutions Division, part of the Rheinmetall Group’s Defence Sector, partners with armed forces in the field of internal security by offering a comprehensive product portfolio from air defence, reconnaissance, and fire control systems to sophisticated simulators for training military and civilian customers. The range also includes the publication of complex technical manuals.
Rheinmetall Group is a listed stock corporation based in Düsseldorf, Germany. It is an integrated technology group with solid, internationally successful operations in the fields of security and mobility. The company’s Automotive Sector occupies a leading position as an automotive supplier and is a reliable partner when it comes to developing and producing components for the drive systems of today and tomorrow. The Group’s Defence Sector is a leading European systems supplier for defence technology and a trusted partner of the armed forces.
Contact: Ms. Bär
Phone: +49 2131 5350 7667
Ref. no.: 10000607