- User Interface Design (UI)
- Windows (Desktop)
- Windows (Server)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience programming in C++ and/or Java.
- Master's or PhD in Computer Science or industry related experience.
- Experience in audio/video streaming or other real time computing application, cross-platform development in CPU/operating system environments, Linux software development, and network protocols.
- Experience in front end development for the Web and Windows.
- Experience working on distributed cloud services.
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures, and their time and space performance.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Build developer-facing tooling; use and develop profilers, debuggers, compilers (Windows and/or Linux).
- Manage code optimization, tools development and debugging. Build tools.
- Design and implement developer flows for cloud game development and/or systems profiling (CPU/GPU/memory/IO).
- Manage GPU development and optimization.
- Work on publisher-facing tooling; automation and optimization of workflows and process.