- System Engineering / Admin
- Backend Entwicklung
- CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Delivery)
- Frontend Entwicklung
- Google Cloud Platform
Who we are
We are part of the team behind Kaufland.de: Several thousand merchants and millions of products make our multi-channel portal one of the largest marketplaces in Germany. Our work is characterised by a dynamic corporate culture, with a start-up mentality and the opportunities offered by a large corporation in the background. We combine knowledge and many years of experience in e-commerce with flat hierarchies and a highly motivated team. Whether as an intern or an executive: We take every idea seriously, because we want to work together in shaping the future of e-commerce!
We love flexibility! We offer you the best environment to work in a flexible and focused way: You decide whether you want to work in our office in Cologne // Darmstadt while at the same time having the opportunity to work remotely. We want to offer you the most attractive workplace in e-commerce and a maximum of flexibility for your personal work-life balance.
Day-by-day, our development team of about 190 experts pursues the goal of creating the best-possible customer shopping experience for the Kaufland.de marketplace. We are here to inspire millions of customers, to help them find, purchase and get the things they love. To enrich the lives of our customers, we collaborate in cross-functional teams, in which product owners, product designers, frontend and backend engineers, data scientists and lean managers join forces. Details regarding the challenges of the respective product areas can be found here: https://www.real-digital.de/team/tech/.
Your tasks – this is what awaits you in detail
- You work closely with our DevOps and Data Engineering teams to build data- and infrastructure products for our developers and data scientists
- From CI/CD to microservice platforms on Kubernetes, from infrastructure and networking to TPUs, from data pipelines to IAM: You work on a wide range of both operational and strategic high-impact topics
- You evaluate various services within cloud platforms (GCP)
- You develop and deploy cloud services via infrastructure-as-code
- You integrate cloud services into existing and new products
Your profile – this is what we expect from you
- You have experience in both software development (preferably Python, Go) and operations. Your background is Software Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Cloud Architect or similar
- You bring sound experience with Monitoring and Alerting (Datadog, NewRelic, Sentry or similar), IaC (preferably Terraform & Ansible), CI/CD and Cloud Platforms. You are used to rotating on-call duties.
- You have profound experience with Containers and Container Orchestration, preferably with Docker and Kubernetes
- As a plus, you have worked with Service Meshes like Istio or Hashicorp Consul and are familiar with the Sidecar pattern and/or advanced traffic routing
- You possess strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, fluency in coding and high traffic / high availability system architecture and a desire to tackle complex problems
- You are a strong team player and enjoy collaborating with different people and profiles as well as share knowledge and strive for continuous development and learning
- You have excellent communication skills, are willing to embrace our company culture and values and enjoy working in an international, english-speaking team
What we offer
- Work as you feel comfortable! We offer you the best possible flexibility in terms of working hours and location. Create your own work-life!
- A highly-motivated and qualified team from different fields and numerous nations
- A sophisticated product with millions of users and a broadly-based technology stack
- A dynamic environment with a start-up mentality, no superfluous red tape and hierarchy, as well as plenty of courage and trust to break new ground
- Free choice of hardware – we provide you with the development environment of your choice
- Always up-to-date – you receive four days of special leave and a budget of €1,300 per year to attend relevant fairs and conferences
- Top conditions at the Urban Sports Club for fitness, team sports, yoga and more
Refer an Engineer Program
You want to work for us, but not without your dearest colleague? Join us as a team and earn money by referring your buddy for one of our open Tech positions! Depending on the level we offer a bonus up to 1.300,- € per referral, which will be paid after successful recruitment (the first part with your first salary, the second part after your buddy passes the trial period).
Why are you the perfect fit for this position? Don't bother with cover letters - we're interested in facts and figures!
Your contact person: Lea Sycha
real,- Digital Payment & Technology Services GmbH
*Our company will be renamed in the future for company law reasons.