Experience Level: Mid-Senior Level
Employment Type: Full-time
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
We offer a position in a highly motivated team of applied researchers. The department “Advanced Digital Technologies” comprises five groups with dedicated topics:
- Communication and Network Technologies
- Hardware (HW) Platforms incl. HW/SW codesign
- Software (SW) Platforms incl. KE and cloud technologies
- Safety, Security and Privacy
- Human Computer Interaction
Your background is in ICT and you have proven experience in applied research or advanced product development. You have firsthand experience in the SW development and ICT system design process. You understand the relation between KE and digital twins, the difference between automotive embedded systems and todays IoT, as well as their joint future. You see the potential of QoS guarantees between edge devices and cloud and know why 5G matters.
If you truly can answer the above with yes, ideally have a PhD in a relevant research field and are highly motivated to transform research ideas into innovations, please contact us.
We offer you a place in a great team of approximately 90 people located in Renningen, Germany. The department ADT is part of the Corporate Research division CR/AD, that includes two other departments focusing on computer vision, V2X communications and model based systems engineering. You will be leading a team that serves our business unit clients that span from mobility, over industrial up to residential solutions. All in most exciting times where ICT, AI and things converge and merge in reality, while providing completely new business opportunities with and for excited end users.
- Education: You are holding a PhD degree in computer science or electrical engineering with relevant specialization
- Personality: Intercultural, open-minded, communicative
- Working Practice: Target orientated, strategic thinking, responsible and inspiring
- Experience and Knowledge: You know how to coach and motivate dynamic R&D teams. You are able to inspire and contribute with an excellent applied scientific background in the field. You have comprehensive experience in the (non-embedded) SW- and ICT-System development process. Strong in the fields addressed in the job description. Ideally your h-index and/or patent filings underline your strength
- Results: You lead and support your team to deliver outstanding results leading to an impressive business impact
- Cooperation: You are a strong team player and interested in collaboration with colleagues from other domains
- Networking: A strong network with relevant academic institutions is of an advantage
- Enthusiasm: You have a strong interest in understanding our customers (Bosch business units), their demands and opportunities
- Skills: Very good in English (written and spoken) and presentation skills are a must
This location offers
- Flexible and mobile work: We offer you flexible work(time) models.
- Health & Sport: We offer a wide range of corporate sports activities and health provision.
- Childcare: Take advantage of our intermediary service for childcare offerings.
- Employee discounts: Bosch employees profit from various discounts.
- Room for creativity: Our working environment offers room for creativity.
- In-house social counseling and care services: Take advantage of our in-house social counseling service, including online counseling options and our intermediary service for care services.
Please speak to your superiors or recruitment contact for your individual benefit plan.
Please submit all relevant documents (incl. cover letter, curriculum vitae and certificates).
Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence
Apply now in just 3 minutes!
Are you interested in working from home, or part-time? Please don't hesitate to ask us.
Need support during your application?
Kathrin Stipak (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 38015