- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery)
- Model View Controller (MVC)
- Objektorientierte Programmierung (OOP)
- Quality Assurance
- RESTful Web Services
- Test Automation
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
*Hello **I'm Richlyn, the team lead of Product & Technology for our International Department. We're a close team of 11, that function as a start up within idealo, working on our international portals. How we outwork this day to day, is through A/B testing, working on projects that involve AWS, micro-services, big data and much more, alongside other departments. Having freedom, being trusted, and taking responsibility is big part of our team DNA. Excited to continue our growth, we are looking for you to join our team as a new Java Full-Stack Developer.
We look forward to working together, to shape our product and get more people across Europeenthusiastic about idealo! The position is available as a full-time or part-time position. **Have a look below for more details and can't wait to hear from you*
About your new role
- You develop features for our 5 international price comparison portals that drive our growth and strengthen our market presence.
- You develop web applications as part of an agile team.
- You work with others to design and develop high quality components for various parts of the idealo user journey that can be A/B tested.
- You work closely with our software team and international country managers to deliver regular improvements to our product.
- You follow the principles of Lean Product Development.
- With you clear communication skills you help your team to collaborate and find creative solutions.
Skills & Requirements
- You already have initial experience as a software developer in the development of modern web applications.
- You have experience with RESTful Web Services, data modeling and relational databases.
- You have experience in the application of a modern MVC framework, preferably Spring.
- You have very good knowledge of object-oriented programming and modern software and architecture patterns.
- You have a "full-stack mindset" of end-to-end delivery, and an agile working style.
- You are an advocate for Clean Code and TDD.
- You are familiar with continuous integration, delivery, test automation and monitoring.
Your benefits at idealo
- Training opportunities for your individual management or specialist career.
- The provision of all necessary equipment that you need to deliver top performances.
- Employees are self-reliant and free to schedule their own work day.
- Onboarding program including Welcome Day, Trainings and individual incorporation.
- The chance to work together on our goals, while also working to create something new.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 800 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focussing on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process. Please contact email@example.com.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.