- Datenbankentwicklung / BI
Experience Level: Not Applicable
Employment Type: Full-time
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
The complexity of modern, software-intensive systems continues to increase due to the rising number of features and functionalities. For complex, safety-critical, and software-intensive systems, safety is of paramount importance. To ensure safety, these systems and their requirements are analyzed using established methods like FMEA, FTA, or HAZOP. However, engineers still perform the safety analysis manually to identify potential safety flaws, which is time-consuming and error-prone. Formal verification is a way to automate the verification process by letting an automatic model checker prove whether a system fulfils a certain requirement, e.g., a safety property. Understanding the output of a model checker is already tough and subject to several approaches such as Property Specification Patterns (PSP), Domain-Specific Languages, and counterexample explanation techniques.
The main motive of this thesis is to find possible fixes that satisfies the violated system specification. Thus, fixes can be an input to the user to understand and modify the violated system specification.
While writing your thesis with us, you are responsible for the following tasks:
- Gain basic understanding of Contract-based Design, LTL temporal logic, and the NuSMV model checker.
- Recognize types/classes of inconsistencies and violations found by NuSMV.
- Identify a systematic way to find possible fixes so that the violated system specification might be satisfied.
- Education: Master studies in the field of electrical engineering, computer science, or equivalent with academic subjects in formal verification, electronic design automation (EDA) or similar
- Experience and Knowledge: Programming experience in Java. Knowledge of formal methods, temporal logics solvers, and model checkers is preferred
- Language: Fluent English Skils
This location offers
- Flexible and mobile work: We offer you flexible work(time) models.
- Health & Sport: We offer a wide range of corporate sports activities and health provision.
- Childcare: Take advantage of our intermediary service for childcare offerings.
- Employee discounts: Bosch employees profit from various discounts.
- Room for creativity: Our working environment offers room for creativity.
- In-house social counseling and care services: Take advantage of our in-house social counseling service, including online counseling options and our intermediary service for care services.
Please speak to your superiors or recruitment contact for your individual benefit plan.
Start: According to prior agreement**
Duration:** 6 months
Requirement for this thesis is the enrollment at university. Please attach a motivation letter, your CV, transcript of records, examination regulations and if indicated a valid work and residence Permit.
Apply now in just 3 minutes!
Need further information about the job?
Arut Prakash Kaleeswaran (Business Department)
+49 711 811-31159
Arne Nordmann (Business Department)
+49 711 811-7189