- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Backend Entwicklung
COMPANY: BASF Digital Farming GmbH
JOB ID: EN58963508_ONLE_1
Agriculture is all about balance. The balance that is crucial to everyone's existence - also applies to our Agricultural Solutions division. We connect innovative thinking with practical action to find the right balance for success - for farmers, agriculture and future generations. With seeds and traits, crop protection and digital solutions, we help farmers produce food more efficiently, protect the land and meet the needs of society.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer Backend Java GIS for our Digital Farming operations to develop and establish our service offerings successfully in the market.
- You will be responsible for the Java-based backend development, GIS architecture and operations inside the globally operating Digital Farming unit of BASF.
- Furthermore, you will ensure efficient and cost-effective handling as well as processing of large volumes of satellite imagery.
- You will support the implementation of a highly scalable satellite / drone imagery processing pipeline in close collaboration with our remote sensing research team.
- Together with the project team you will translate Digital Farming business needs into IT requirements and concrete technical implementations covering the whole software development lifecycle.
- Last but not least, you will participate in all phases of the product governance and development life cycle, including writing epics as well as user stories and support the sprint planning in our agile development setup.
- degree in computer or natural sciences, engineering, mathematics, GIS or a related field as well as several years of professional experience
- profound knowledge in modern scalable and production-ready Java-based Microservices ideally in a Kubernetes context
- solid experience with GeoTools, PostGIS and GeoServer as well as good understanding of geospatial related concepts like coordinate precision, geometry simplification, statistical clustering, filters and geometric operations
- good working experience in interfacing PostgreSQL-based RDBMS Systems, PostGIS and geospatial data management systems as well as messaging systems like RabbitMQ
- ideally experience in AWS cloud-based environments for server-based and serverless architectures
- fluent in English, German or a second foreign language would be a benefit
- Modern working environment with state-of-the-art technologies as well as a job ticket.
- Onboarding to help you settle in quickly, ensuring you are part of the BASF team from day one.
- Development discussions and programs so that you can reach your full potential.
- Flexible work arrangements so that you can balance your working life and private life.
- This position can be exercised full or part-time.
Do you have any questions about the application process or the position?
Ms. Katja Emich (Talent Acquisition) Phone no.: +49 (0)30 2005 58810
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.
xarvio Digital Farming Solutions powered by BASF is at the forefront of the digital transformation of agriculture optimizing crop production. xarvio offers digital products, based on a global leading crop model platform, which deliver independent field-zone-specific agronomic advice enabling farmers to produce their crops most efficiently and sustainable. The xarvio products SCOUTING, FIELD MANAGER and HEALTHY FIELDS are being used by farmers in more than 100 countries worldwide. Working at BASF Digital Farming GmbH is equally as innovative as our products: we have a global network and work with agile methodologies in a start-up atmosphere. Join our team! Learn more about xarvio at www.xarvio.com or visit any of our social media channels.
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.