- System Engineering / Admin
- Quality Assurance
For more than 40 years, NI has developed automated test and automated measurement systems that help engineers solve the world’s toughest challenges.
NI’s R&D Center in Dresden works in the field of wireless communications, a fast paced and dynamic environment. Our special focus is on software and hardware development that is used for both prototyping and testing of 5G communications systems.
In other words: NI Dresden is actively shaping the future of wireless communication!
Our Product R&D site in Dresden, Germany is seeking a Wireless Systems Engineer to work on 5G protocol stack development and its integration with the physical layer. He or she will work closely with customers and partners to deliver advanced 5G system solutions.
Ideal candidate should have knowledge about 5G protocol layers and experience in embedded C/C++ development. Interest in broadening your skill set in communications as well as enthusiasm for working at latest communications technologies is needed to be successful in this role.
- Implementation on NI’s embedded platform
- Design and implementation of API/network interfaces and interfaces to hardware functional units
- Integration of protocol stack and PHY layer of 5G wireless systems
- System validation according to customer requirements
- Master of Science / Dipl.-Ing. degree in Electrical / Communications Engineering, Information Technology, or Computer Science
- Experience in embedded C/C++ development in RTOS environments
- General knowledge of layer 1/2/3 of wireless communications systems according to 5G or 3GPP in general
- Excellent communication skills
- Team oriented and self-organized working style
- Fluency in English
- Experience with embedded Linux systems
- LabVIEW skills
- Experience with modern script languages (e.g. Python)
- Challenging and practice-oriented tasks
- Structured onboarding program
- Excellent development opportunities
- Competitive compensation and benefits package that includes profit sharing and employee stock plans
- Great work environment
- Flexible working hours
- Free drinks, fruits, and vegetables
Please submit following documents along with your application:
- Brief motivation letter
- Degree and transcripts of records from your studies
- If available: letters of recommendation
NI is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.