- Google Cloud Platform
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
Our Cloud Customer Experience (CCE) organization within Google Cloud delivers Professional Services (PSO)/consulting, support, and learning services to our strategic customers to help them get the most out of their Google Cloud investments.
As an Engagement Manager (EM), you will draw on your customer-facing skills and technical acumen to function as the go-to-market lead for CCE, interfacing with our customers to define and contract a services strategy which will enable them to to realize their business objectives throughout their Cloud Adoption Journey.
Your experience with services pre-sales, strategy development, and enterprise technology will play a critical part in your day to day work driving success for our most important customers.
You will directly support a multi-customer portfolio of both pre-sales pursuits and active customer accounts, focused on supporting our Customer’s adoption of GCP while managing key financial metrics. You will regularly engage with diverse stakeholder groups, including executives of large enterprises and a cross-functional and geographically dispersed team within Google.
A successful EM will utilize their relationship management, leadership skills and technical background to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
Travel (domestically and internationally) approximately 25% of the time.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Collaborate with the pre-sales team to accelerate adoption by qualifying opportunities, promoting services, capturing customer requirements and develop an implementation strategy for customer accounts and act as the point of contact for CCE services.
- Lead and collaborate across our CCE team to define Customer target business outcomes and define related workstreams and success criteria to meet these goals.
- Manage scope, schedule and cost and for creating relevant contractual frameworks.
- Coordinate with delivery teams and partners to develop staffing plans, estimate level of effort, and design project budgets to maintain a healthy financial target.
- Manage portfolio level financial metrics, bookings and credits, and staffing forecast.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Customer-facing experience, interfacing with executive stakeholders, leading technical implementations, pre-sales, consulting engagements, transformation programs or other initiatives.
- Experience in writing and negotiating contractual documents.
- Experience managing a Program / Engagement P&L.
- MBA or Master's degree in a management, technical or engineering field.
- Demonstrated experience in value consulting, proposal development and execution with public cloud providers like Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience collaborating with channel partners, systems integrators and third parties to deliver and manage implementation of high-impact solutions.
- Experience working in a pre-sales or consulting role in at least one of the following domain or vertical industries; Retail, Healthcare or Financial Services.
- Excellent communication, presentation, problem solving and management skills.
- Awareness of industry standard financial concepts and metrics.