- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Backend Entwicklung
- CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery)
- Frontend Entwicklung
- Quality Assurance
- React (JS)
COMPANY: BASF Digital Farming GmbH
JOB ID: EN58825655_DIGI4_2
Agriculture is all about balance. The balance that is crucial to everyone's existence - also applies to our Agricultural Solutions division. We connect innovative thinking with practical action to find the right balance for success - for farmers, agriculture and future generations. With seeds and traits, crop protection and digital solutions, we help farmers produce food more efficiently, protect the land and meet the needs of society.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer Frontend to join our Digital Farming web applications engineering team to develop and establish our service offerings successfully in the market. The candidate we are looking for wants to take over responsibility with the ambition to generate a real impact in agriculture.
- You will be responsible for the frontend development and operations inside our globally operating Digital Farming unit and mentor other less experienced team members.
- Together with the project team you will translate Digital Farming business needs into IT requirements and concrete technical implementations covering the whole software development lifecycle.
- You will be responsible for the technical design including client side architecture and API contracts definition together with our backend team as well as domain matter experts.
- Moreover, you will perform feature development together with the backend, design and QA teams as well as domain matter experts and conduct performance analysis as well as improvements.
- Furthermore, you will participate in all phases of the product governance and development life cycle, including writing epics and user stories and support the sprint planning in our agile development setup.
- You will work closely with product engineers, solution architects and software developers as well as our commercial operations team.
- degree in computer or natural sciences, engineering, mathematics or a related field as well as several years of professional experience
- proficient in software development and profound knowledge in frontend development for data driven, customer facing IT-solutions ideally on a global enterprise scale
- able to write maintainable and testable code, good understanding of usability patterns and experience in continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD)
- fluent in English, German or a second foreign language would be a benefit
- innovational drive and excellent communication as well as analytical skills to build good working relationships across the organization and in a diverse and global team
- Modern working environment with state-of-the-art technologies as well as a job ticket.
- Onboarding to help you settle in quickly, ensuring you are part of the BASF team from day one.
- Development discussions and programs so that you can reach your full potential.
- Flexible work arrangements so that you can balance your working life and private life.
- This position can be exercised full or part-time.
Do you have any questions about the application process or the position?
Ms. Katja Emich (Talent Acquisition) Phone no.: +49 (0)30 2005 58810
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.
Cooperation with recruitment agencies is not accepted.
xarvio Digital Farming Solutions powered by BASF is at the forefront of the digital transformation of agriculture optimizing crop production. xarvio offers digital products, based on a global leading crop model platform, which deliver independent field-zone-specific agronomic advice enabling farmers to produce their crops most efficiently and sustainable. The xarvio products SCOUTING, FIELD MANAGER and HEALTHY FIELDS are being used by farmers in more than 100 countries worldwide. Working at BASF Digital Farming GmbH is equally as innovative as our products: we have a global network and work with agile methodologies in a start-up atmosphere. Join our team! Learn more about xarvio at www.xarvio.com or visit any of our social media channels.
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.