- Requirements Engineering (RE)
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
We now want to strengthen our organization with a Technical Lead (f/m/d) for Identity and Access Management located in Berlin or Hamburg.
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest generators of electricity and one of the largest producer of heat. Our strategic direction includes a strong customer focus, a more sustainable energy portfolio and increased business focus. Vattenfall is a European energy company with over 20,000 employees. Together we produce heat and electricity from six energy sources; wind, hydro, biomass, nuclear, coal and gas. To continuously and reliably deliver energy to our society we need a variety of energy sources.
Your job as Technical Lead (IAM)
The IAM Competence Centre within Vattenfall IT – Common Transformation Services is managing and operating the Group Identity and Access Management System, as well as it is providing required competence and resources to business and IT projects. On a continuous basis, the Competence Centre is handling a full pipeline of change requests for the IAM solution, from small improvements to complex business and IT projects requiring adaptation of IAM capabilities, technology, and processes. The scope and the complexity of IAM are constantly growing. The area has become a key enabler in the digitalisation of our business, by providing automation and control in the access management process. IAM owns the concept of single identity, contributing to the quality of our data by consolidating and harmonising identity information from multiple source systems. We recognise that protecting our information in times of digitalisation is a challenge. We are enabling state of the art IAM in line with our IT strategy and the developments in technology (e.g. cloud services, mobile workplace, robotic process automation, SaaS) and sourcing concepts (collaboration with a growing number of external partners and service providers).
In your role as Technical Lead Identity & Access Management (IAM), you will work in business and IT projects requiring adaptation of IAM.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Technical leadership in projects and operational activities, being the link between project managers / system manager and the developers / technical experts
- Translation of functional requirements into technical requirements for development and maintenance of the IAM solution
- Assessment of business requirements against technical feasibility incl. activities, effort, timeline and overall impact on IAM solution
- Keeping technical oversight over all components and interfaces of the IAM solution
- Review and confirmation of business cases for requested changes and extensions
- Elaboration of functional and technical implementation concepts for IAM, in close cooperation with stakeholders in business and IT (e.g. requestor, IT architects, IT security, IAM operations and developers)
- Safeguarding quality, stability, and security of the IAM solution by ensuring adherence to relevant information security standards, IT architecture concepts, and Vattenfall IT strategy
- Providing oversight and monitoring of correct implementation of required changes, support in test activities
- Supporting the system manager in the prioritisation of the change pipeline and release planning
- Acting as the Information Steward for IAM; owning and updating documentation of all information processed by the system
- Identification and initiation of improvements in stability, efficiency, and security of the IAM solution
- Providing input in defining the long-term capacity requirements for the delivery area (resources, application functionality and infrastructure)
- Being an agent of change and acting as an ambassador for IAM on Vattenfall Group level
What are we looking for?
- Ability to bridge the gap between internal customers and IAM experts in IT
- Problem analysis and solving skills
- Proactive and structured way of working, focus on quality of results
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and consultative skills
- Ability to recognise and explain how solutions fit into the big picture of corporate strategy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in English and German language, other languages would be a plus
- University degree in Economics, IT or similar
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience in IT as a lead developer, requirements engineer, IT solution architect or similar, in the area of Identity and Access Management
- Proven experience and technical knowledge of the Omada Identity Suite, knowledge of Omada IAM vs. 14 would be a plus
- Additional proven experience and knowledge in the areas of IT security, IT infrastructure, or SAP authorisation management would be a plus
- Knowledge of HR processes would be a plus
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
For more information about the position, please contact hiring manager Jan-Peter van Ginderen via phone (+4940-60005-4372). For information about the recruitment process please contact recruiter Bina Deutschendorf via phone (+4940-79022-2289) or apply directly via the application button.
Due to COVID-19 we adapted our application process to the current conditions. Interviews regarding this position will be conducted via video conference. Do you have any questions about the application process or how we deal with COVID-19? Please visit our FAQ list
in advance. We look forward to receiving your application!
Page doesn’t open? Please try alternative browser.