Embedded Linux Developer for automotive High Performance Controller (HPC) (m/f/d)
For future mobility concepts and in-car user experience, software is set to play an even more decisive role. Elektrobit (EB) is a visionary global supplier of embedded and connected software products and services for the automotive industry with more than 3400 employees worldwide. For over 30 years now, we have been developing pioneering technologies for automated driving, new vehicle infrastructures, connected cars, and user experience. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Continental AG.
At EB we are working toward a world in which mobility causes zero fatalities, produces low emissions, and transforms your commute into quality time. In our collaboration with our customers, including Audi, BMW, Daimler, Ford, GM, Volkswagen Group, Volvo, and many more, we live and breathe our passion for automotive software and for the mobility of tomorrow.
The automotive market is the biggest driver for new technologies. Cloud solutions, advanced sensors and high sophisticated features with respect to cyber security and functional safety require the high performance of newest hardware. Do you like to work at the leading edge of technology? Have you ever wanted to discover hardware before it is available in the market? Than join our team! We prototype new automotive standards for the cars of tomorrow. For our Performance Controller Program we look for professionals that share the vision to personally shape the future car architecture - to pave the way for autonomous driving.
- You integrate and configure our EB corbos Linux product to use it on our customer’s latest High Performance Controllers
- You develop project specific applications to extend the EB corbos Linux scope
- You use the Yocto toolchain to extend our Linux distribution and to create images used in prototypes as well as series development projects
- You work on features like software update, performance or container support
- You support our High Performance Controller projects with your expertise and participate in reviews
- You have experience in POSIX compatible operating systems (e.g. Linux, QNX) – e.g. kernel development or creating embedded Linux images
- You have experience in building a Linux distribution
- You are able to analyze the runtime behavior and resource usage of software applications running on Linux
- You have good skills and knowledge in scripting (Bash, Python)
- You have good skills and knowledge in programming in C and C++
- You are experienced in embedded systems and have know-how to translate real time requirements into efficient source code
- You have experience in testing and debugging on target systems
- You have an autonomous way of working
- You have an analytic working style
- You have excellent documentation skills
- You use Linux in your private time and contribute to the Linux community
- You have good communication skills: English language is a must, German a plus
- You are an outgoing, self-confident personality with team player capabilities
What we offer
- Working on exciting and future-oriented projects in international collaboration within a multicultural and diverse team
- A healthy work/life balance through access to mobile work and tailored work time models
- An informal working environment throughout the company with no dress code
- Location-specific benefits such as a canteen, discounts in restaurants, company sports, corporate events, e-bike leasing, preventive medical measures, vacation activities for children, and much more
- Company pension scheme, capital-forming benefits
- Opportunities for personal development through a range of training courses provided by our academy
Apply quickly and easily via our job portal, where you can also import your resume data automatically.
Further information on development opportunities, corporate culture, and benefits can be found at
We will be happy to answer your questions; call us on +49 9131-7701-7060.
- Mr. Samuel Kittel
- +49 9131 7701 6952
- Elektrobit Automotive GmbHNikolaus DonathTechnology Team Manager in Austria"What I like the most about EB is the good team spirit and the collaboration with colleagues also from other EB sites."Mehr
- Elektrobit Automotive GmbHIoana BoriceanSoftware Engineer in Romania"I like to work at EB because for me the working environment comes first."Mehr
- Deutsche BundesbankApplikations-Entwickler*inLeipzigAnwendungsentwicklung
- Elektrobit Automotive GmbH(Senior) Software Developer (m/f/d) Embedded SystemsUlmAnwendungsentwicklung +1
- 1NCEBusiness Analyst Market Research IoT (m/f/d)KölnBusiness Analysis +2
- MT AGJunior Entwickler Oracle APEX (m/w/d)Frankfurt am Main +4Anwendungsentwicklung