- Embedded Systems
- Quality Assurance
- Microsoft Azure
As a Quality Engineer, you accompany development projects within embedded software development teams and thus contribute to our goal for intelligent and sustainable control and IO systems.
Additionally, you are supporting and maintaining the Quality Management System of the local unit and work closely together with the local teams
Reporting to the Head of Control & IO Software Minden, Germany you will contribute significantly to successful results in delivering Distributed Control Systems to our customers.
- Working in the area of embedded software development of control and IO systems as member of the development team
- Support development teams daily to identify essential quality parameters of their work, to provide feedback, to identify the need for improvement, opportunities, and helps to implement them
- Assist in the implementation of effective internal controls to verify that processes will meet customer and stakeholder requirements. Validate that control plans are applied and conformance to defined processes
- Utilize the Quality Management System to provide the teams with procedures and documentation that sufficiently describe quality measures.
- You are supporting teams in preparing audits and to use quality data analytics from all parts of the operation to identify risks, failures and nonconformance within the local operations, its suppliers and customers. Assist in the application of appropriate corrective and preventive action and manage solutions to closure
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- At least 2 years of professional experience in quality management, skilled at application of quality management tools
- At least 2 years of experiences in embedded software development and industrial areas
- Experience in applying process improvements e.g. Lean 6 Sigma
- Knowledge in latest Agile development frameworks like Scrum, and traditional models like V model
- Knowledge in practices and tools like DevOps, Azure DevOps Services, Application lifecycle management (ALM)
- Knowledge in Functional Safety Management is beneficial
- Good English skills – oral and written
- Strong commitment to safe work practices and dedication to following all relevant workplace safety guidelines
- A high level of self-motivation, curiosity and desire to learn about new technologies
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team, together with open communication structures. On the basis of a personal, practice-oriented induction programme, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently and self-reliantly within your assigned area. Even after the joining phase, ABB offers a wide range of individual career development opportunities and supports you in realising your career goals with targeted training measures. At ABB you will find an attractive working environment in all phases of life - including policies for sabbaticals and home office, the ABB children's vacation camp and taking care of family members.
Interested in joining our team? We are looking forward to receiving your complete application through our online tool.
ABB Data Privacy Statement:
Your contact is: ABB PersonalDirekt
+49 (0) 621 381 350