Are you a self-starter with dedication for coding and top notch technology? Do you like to work in a dynamic trading environment closely together with the front office? Do you want to contribute to successful algorithmic trading activities with your software solutions? In that case this job could be the right one for you.
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s leading energy companies with trading activities in the global energy markets. We are strongly expanding into algorithmic trading and automated trade execution. Thus, we are looking for a Software Engineer Algorithmic Trading for our office in Hamburg.
The OU Operations is bundling and further building up its activities around algorithmic trading systems in the newly established Algo Infrastructure Team as part of the Data Modelling & Analytics IT department. The Algo Infrastructure Team works closely with the front office and takes the leading role in providing software solutions for algorithmic trading and automated trade execution.
Your main tasks and responsibilities as a Software Engineer Algorithmic Trading:
- Develop, support, and continuously improve world class software solutions for algorithmic trading together with algorithmic traders, developers, and data scientists in the front-office in a fast moving agile working environment
- Drive the integration of new markets/exchanges and addition of new features
- Enhance automatic unit and integration testing, performance monitoring, and data flow transparency
- Ensure fast and stable test and production environments (on-premise, cloud, and co-location)
- Support algorithmic traders in solving crucial ad-hoc issues that arise during day-to-day operations
- Keep track of the latest market developments around algorithmic trading technologies and provide related advise
- Adhere to and further develop the company’s algorithmic trading software development standards and best practices, incl. documentation, testing, and peer review.
Our ideal Software Engineer Algorithmic Trading has the following qualifications and capabilities:
- Strong academic background with a Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, software engineering or related subject
- 3+ years’ experience in software development linked to the (algorithmic) trading business at energy companies, banks, hedge funds or (algorithmic) trading firms
- Knowledge of limit order book and market data, exchange connectivity (e.g., FIX), and order life cycle
- Proven programming skills and experience in one compiled (ideally C#) and one scripting language (ideally Python)
- Experience with distributed systems (e.g., Kubernetes) and cloud technologies (ideally Azure); further experience with Linux a plus
- Experience in continues integration and automated deployment (Azure DevOps, Docker)
- Experience with agile delivery processes (e.g., Scrum) a plus
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken); additional languages advantageous
- Team player with strong communication skills and the ability to communicate with various internal stakeholders
- Result oriented, independent, and structured working method with high reliability and readiness to take on responsibility
- Eagerness to learn.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity & inclusion helps building a more attractive, efficient, customer centric and profitable company. Therefore we welcome applications from all individuals regardless age, religious belief, gender identity & expression, sexual identity disability and ethnic background.
Business Area (BA) Markets maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging and sourcing for Vattenfall’s assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with more than 450 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.
Within BA Markets the Operational Unit (OU) Operations is responsible for providing Analysis, IT, Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) and Project Management support with the mission to enable business. OU Operations is consisting of highly skilled employees with backgrounds ranging from mathematics, engineering, computer science, economics to project management. We are active in the locations Hamburg, Stockholm and Amsterdam.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact the hiring manager Torsten Rinne via phone +49 15254627682. For information about the recruitment process please contact our recruiter Marc Hofmann via phone +49 40 790 22 7788.
Due to COVID-19 we adapted our application process to the current conditions. Interviews regarding this position will be conducted via video conference. Do you have any questions about the application process or how we deal with COVID-19? Please visit our FAQ list in advance.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!