- System Engineering / Admin
- Frankfurt am Main
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Cloud Computing
- Microsoft Azure
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- As a Senior IT Consultant – Cloud Advisory, you will drive our clients form various industries by developing and utilizing industry-specific insights and cross-industry strategies to gain competitive advantages through Digital Technology.
- You’ll prepare and manage complex components of engagements, working closely with clients, key stakeholders and their customers to understand and solve sources of their pain points.
- Your project-based results and recommendations will drive change in a digitally enabled era and make the difference for our clients and us as a team in the market. Are you ready?
We are seeking for a Senior IT Consultant – Cloud Advisory with focus on Cloud Strategy, Tactics and Operations. This role drives our customers through their journey to cloud by identifying and specifying the IT challenges, the strategic and operational planning up to the technical and architectural design of the solution or parts of it.
Our desired candidates identify and generate new opportunities based on a consulting-led approach in close collaboration with our sales teams.
This role helps clients in the definition of a future Cloud Vision and Target operating Model through:
- Definition of business drivers and the business case for cloud computing
- Definition and implementation of a future operating model for cloud/hybrid cloud models
- Definition and implementation of cloud adoption strategies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, …)
- Translation of business requirements towards new IT Operating Models
- Definition of sourcing strategies and provider selection in a Multi-and Hybrid-Cloud Context
- You drive our customers on their journey through cloud by identifying and specifying the IT challenges, the strategic and operational planning up to the technical and architectural design of the solution.
- Thus you identify and generate new opportunities based on a consulting-led approach in close collaboration with our sales teams.
Activities in Scope:
- Identify and analyze target IT Capabilities of client Business and IT Organizations
- Develop and adapt IT Strategies for a transformation towards an optimized client specific IT Operations model within a Multi- and Hybrid Cloud Environment
- Define a business case for the execution of the Transformation Strategy and Cloud transformation
- Define and implement an operating model for cloud
- Define and implement cloud adoption strategies
- Advise on Cloud integrations, provider management and cloud Brokerage
- Primary team to work with:
- You support the consulting representatives on executive and senior management level which is responsible for the management and operations on hybrid IT infrastructures and Cloud services.
- You collaborate with our consultants, Architects, our sales teams and with members of our partner ecosystem.
- Project Management Capabilities:
- You align the technical project scope with well-established PM methods – no matter whether traditional waterfall or agile
- As PM you support the prospecting and pre-sales phase to assure a clear scope and optimal result for the client and us
- Ability to integrate and collaborate in cross-functional project teams
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Various cloud paradigms and architectures; public/private, Hybrid, Multi-cloud, insourcing and outsourcing
- Infrastructure (network connectivity and security) and operations (Hybrid / Multi-cloud management)
- Certified across different Cloud-Service provider such as AWS (Cloud Practitioner), MS Azure, Google Compute Cloud, IBM Cloud
- Familiar with IT organizational models, IT governance, management and operating models and IT financing models
- Background in IT service Mgmt., IT sourcing, IT strategy,
- Understanding of dependencies including cause & effect chains between business and IT
Years of experience: >3 years
- Flexible, curious and creative
- Continuous Learner
- Digital Savvy
- Open for Change and able to propose innovative ideas
- Team player, integrative and positive in a group dynamic
- Able to build empathy within our teams and win the trust of our clients
- Self-Driven, entrepreneurial, proactive and productive
- Willing to travel and to work on client sites
- Excellent communication skills
About Business Unit
This position currently sits within Global Technology Services (GTS) Infrastructure Services (IS) or a shared services function supporting GTS.
As announced in October 2020, IBM intends that its managed infrastructure services business of the GTS organization will become an independent company named Kyndryl by the end of 2021, creating two distinct and powerful market-leading companies.
Together, we will advance the vital systems that power the digital economy. Serving over 4,600 technology-intensive, highly regulated customers, including over 75% of the Fortune 100, our people will design, run, and manage the most modern and reliable technology infrastructure that the world depends on today.
We will work flexibly and in partnership with our customers to amplify business outcomes while always pushing ourselves to improve and meet all opportunities. Come join our team of diverse, devoted, and empathetic technology experts who are at the center of discovering what’s next.
Please note: The final decision if this position will transition from IBM to Kyndryl is yet to be confirmed.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you, this might
mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern,
please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Key Job Details
- City:Multiple Cities
- Required Education:Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type:Professional
- Employment Type:Full-Time
- Contract Type:Regular
- Company:(Y026) IBM Ocean Deutschland GmbH
- Req ID:375560BR
- Travel Required:Up to 50% or 3 days a week (home on weekends – based on project requirements)