- Quality Assurance
- CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Delivery)
- Cloud Computing
- Quality Assurance
- Test Automation
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Our Linux team is responsible for testing and developing new features and functions for Linux on IBM Z. This includes the Linux kernel, device drivers, libraries, tools, compilers, debuggers, container, and virtualization technologies (e.g., KVM). Our local team works in close collaboration with the Open-Source Community, with the worldwide IBM development team and the Linux Distribution Partners.
We focus on supporting the IBM Z / LinuxONE ecosystem. Linux on IBM Z / LinuxONE is the core of IBM’s solutions for Hybrid Multi-Cloud, AI and Analytics.
We are looking for experienced people who are interested in adapting and combining existing test and development systems. Are you ready to get involved in automatization and work cross-functionally with other test, performance, and development teams? Bring your skills and methods to work with the team to develop new and innovative tests. Use your knowledge to revise existing tests and increase coverage, limit errors, and work closely with the developers of each component.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Linux Operating System Development skills (e.g., device driver, filesystem)
- Operating Systems test skills (incl. memory management, locking, process scheduling)
- Code repository systems (git/github)
- Programming language skills: C, scripting languages like Perl/Python/Groovy
- Open-Source collaboration & process skills for Linux (e.g., actively contributes to OS projects, drives discussions on mailing lists, code reviews, understands maintainer concepts)
- Language skills: English (fluent)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Linux test automation engineer
- CI/CD environments (e.g., Jenkins, Travis)
- System Z architecture & assembler skills
- Advanced Kernel Virtual Machine (KVM) skills (incl. QEMU, libvirt) or
- Advanced skills of security and cryptographic concepts & frameworks or
- Advanced networking technology skills (incl. TCP/IP und RDMA) or
- Advanced Filesystem & storage skills (incl. block layer, distributed filesystems & software-defined Storage) or
- Advanced compiler technology skills (gcc, llvm) or
- Advanced z/OS and z/VM skills
- Language skills: German
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate – they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world’s most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Key Job Details
- Category:Software Development & Support
- Required Education:Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type:Professional
- Employment Type:Full-Time
- Contract Type:Regular
- Company:(0161) IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH
- Req ID:379110BR
- Travel Required:No Travel