- Datenbankentwicklung / BI
- Continuous Deployment (CD)
Job ID: 94291
Amadeus’ purpose is power better journeys, using the latest technologies to develop solutions for our customers. We sit at the heart of every travel journey – journeys that are personalized, rewarding and purposeful.
We are one of the world’s top 10 software companies with a global team of 19,000 professionals of 145 nationalities, working across 190 countries.
The future of travel has never been more exciting! With us, you won’t just be shaping your career, you’ll be shaping the way the world moves. Do you want to be a part of it? Great, then join us!
Create the technology that shapes the future of travel: Join our site in Würselen/Aachen as Database Engineer (m/f/d)
Summary of the Role
As a DatabaseEngineer, you’ll be a member of the R&D Business Unit in Würselen and our global engineering community.
You will be working in a team of System Engineers and Application Engineers and together you will maintain and run the applications, databases and services with a focus on automation and continuous deployment.
In this role you’ll:
- Administrate our SQL and NoSQL databases (MariaDB, MySQL, ElasticSearch, MongoDB) on system level and ensure stability and consistency for milions of datasets
- Cooperate with development teams on the design of database schemas and efficient data handling
- Work closely with infrastructure to improve database cluster and database server handling and performance
- Troubleshoot server and replication issues together with other experts from development and infrastructure
- Avoid boring manual jobs by scripting with Ansible
To succeed in the Database Engineer role, you’ll need:
- Strong database server experience (MySQL and/or MariaDB) on system and database level
- Experience in linux system administration (Ubuntu or other debian-based system preferred)
- Knowledge about networking in a HA clustered environment
- First hands-on experience with NoSQL databases (ElasticSearch, MongoDB)
- Scripting experience in order to automate administrative tasks
You’ll also have great skills and abilities:
- Investigate new technologies, learn new methods and innovation
- Subject matter expert on knowledge of the complete database environment
- Advanced level of written and oral English and German communication skills
- Strong team player with a collaborative mindset
- Comfortable in a multi-cultural, international organization
- Proactive with a ‘can-do’ attitude
What can we offer you?
- A competitive salary and an extensive range of benefits including bonus, health insurance
- International working environment
- Impact millions of travelers from all around the globe
- Being part of the R&D business unit and global engineering community
- Opportunities to innovate
- Learning opportunities
What else? Also besides work, there are many options at our company: Playing billiards or kicker, eating together in our lunchroom or enjoying the sunshine on the terrace!
Sounds great? Is great! Then apply via our online portal and shape the future of travel with us. You find more information about Amadeus here.
- The application process will take around 10 minutes to complete. You’ll need to create your candidate profile in our system and upload your resume. You can also apply using your LinkedIn profile.
- If your profile matches what we’re looking for, one of our recruiters will contact you and organize a short phone interview.
Are you the one we’re looking for? Join us, coding is more than just a job!
Contact: Amadeus Leisure IT GmbH – Björn Schild – Carlo-Schmid-Str. 12 – 52146 Würselen – Phone: +49 2405 4484-0 – e-mail: email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and seek to hire the best candidate regardless of age, beliefs, disability, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation.
Any duplication and display of partial or full content of our job advertisement on any support, such as brochures, websites, mail, emails, this list is not exhaustive, is strictly forbidden without prior formal Amadeus’ authorization.
Recruitment agencies: Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Amadeus employees or any other company location. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Amadeus we’re powering better journeys through travel technology, creating the new and unexpected in the world of travel. And so can you!
We’re a global team of over 16,000 professionals of 149 nationalities, working across 190 countries. Join us to add your voice to our diverse mix for better discussions, decisions and outcomes for everyone.
Be innovative. Be impactful. Be Amadeus.