Cloud Transformation Professional (w/m/x)
At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team’s overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking a Cloud Transformation Professional who plans and delivers infrastructure and hybrid cloud services projects with end-to-end responsibility across different platforms and Hyperscaler.
You align the technical project scope with well-established agile Management methods.
As Cloud Transformation Professional you support the pre-sales phase as well as the project execution to allow clear scope and acceptance definitions to start with clear scope statements in the context of multi- and hybrid- cloud projects.
Activities in Scope:
- Define project governance with a clear structure and framework
- Define responsibilities and foster cooperation/collaboration thus driving successful milestone and deliverable achievement
- Develop an agile mindset development within the project and delivery organization
- Manage stakeholders by effective and pro-active communication
- Perform Risk & Issue Management
- Establish a quality management system with precise project tracking incl. milestones, quality gates and KPI measurement
- Manage and optimize project financials
- Identify new business opportunities by effectively managing project scope
- Ensure delivered solutions are realized in committed time frame and meet client expectation
- Manage project E2E with smooth handover to operation
This role is responsible for leading a project team in delivering a solution to the customer using the appropriate business measurements and terms and conditions for the project according to the project charter, project agreement or contract. You have overall performance responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, and contractual deliverables, which includes applying techniques for planning, tracking, change control, and risk management. You are responsible for managing all project resources, including subcontractors, and for establishing an effective communication plan with the project team and the customer.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Years of Experience in Cloud Transformations: >3 Years
- Ability to lead complex projects with cross-functional project teams
- Hands-on experience in latest project management methods and tools such as SCRUM, Design Thinking, JIRA, Trello
- Technical understanding in the areas of hybrid cloud and cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure and Google
- Excellent leadership & consulting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication (German and English fluent)
- Certification as Project Manager such as PMP/PMI, PRINCE2
Professional knowledge of function, business unit or country operations. Understand organizational resources, priorities, needs and policies.
Guide other professionals. Adapt communications and approaches to conclude negotiations with various partners, resulting in common agreements.
Analyze complex/new situations, anticipate potential problems and future trends, assess opportunities, impacts, and risks. Develop and implement solutions.
Leads multi-functional teams, or conducts special projects, or manages department(s) (national or international). Has vision of functional or unit mission. Influences people and organizations, including executive management, when issues are complex/difficult and require considerable diplomacy. Considerable latitude in responsibilities to define and decide on tools, processes, priorities and resources following general business unit directives. Recognized as an expert in their field.
Impact on Business/Scope:
Accountable for projects or programs involving multi-functional, country-wide or regional teams. Responsible for overall functional program success. Activities are subject to business measurements, impact customer satisfaction, and impact functional, business unit, or country costs or expenses.
About Business Unit
This position currently sits within Global Technology Services (GTS) Infrastructure Services (IS) or a shared services function supporting GTS.
As announced in October 2020, IBM intends that its managed infrastructure services business of the GTS organization will become an independent company named Kyndryl by the end of 2021, creating two distinct and powerful market-leading companies.
Together, we will advance the vital systems that power the digital economy. Serving over 4,600 technology-intensive, highly regulated customers, including over 75% of the Fortune 100, our people will design, run, and manage the most modern and reliable technology infrastructure that the world depends on today.
We will work flexibly and in partnership with our customers to amplify business outcomes while always pushing ourselves to improve and meet all opportunities. Come join our team of diverse, devoted, and empathetic technology experts who are at the center of discovering what’s next.
Please note: The final decision if this position will transition from IBM to Kyndryl is yet to be confirmed.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Key Job Details
- City:Multiple Cities
- Category:Project Management
- Required Education:Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type:Professional
- Employment Type:Full-Time
- Contract Type:Regular
- Company:(Y026) IBM Ocean Deutschland GmbH
- Req ID:386142BR
- Travel Required:Up to 50% or 3 days a week (home on weekends – based on project requirements)