- Datenbankentwicklung / BI
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Business Intelligence
- CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Delivery)
- Data Warehouse (DWH)
- Machine Learning
- Quality Assurance
The future of transportation is Green. Here at FlixMobility Tech's R&D group, we develop software with the brightest minds from around the world to engineer new experiences for our millions of customers across our apps and websites. Every day we solve challenging problems, like how to scale rapidly around the world and how to make an experience that delights our customers. We have a culture of sharing ideas, contributing to open source projects and being an active member in our technical communities.
To support our ambitious growth, we are now looking for a motivated (Junior) Data Engineer (m/f/d) to join our External Data team in Berlin, Germany starting as soon as possible
The External Data team at FlixBus’ Network Planning domain discovers and collects external data and provides external data services for analytics and data science applications. The team and its products deliver the key ingredient for the evolution of FlixBus into a leading data-driven company with smart process automation and data-driven decision making.
Your Tasks – Paint the world green
- You will be part of a self-organized, cross-functional team in the Network Planning domain.
- You will work with your team to decide on and improve the data architecture and the data pipelines.
- You will take part in continuous improvements and maintenance of our Data Warehouse.
- You will ensure that we can monitor the data quality.
- You will support the team to productionise data-intensive machine learning and analytics products rapidly.
- You will work with business and technology stakeholders to evaluate data sources, techniques and tools for data-driven decision making.
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
We don't want to tick boxes! Far above tech skills, we value your attitude, passion and personality. If you don’t fit all the requirements but you feel excited about this opportunity, we encourage you to apply!
- Ideally you have first experience as data engineer.
- You are interested in machine learning or business intelligence projects, if you have experience it’s a strong plus.
- You are comfortable with Python, Java or Scala programming languages.
- You are comfortable in SQL including queries, models, and tables optimization.
- You are comfortable with Automated Testing and CI/CD.
- You have some experience with cloud Data Warehouses (e.g. Snowflake, etc.).
- You are comfortable working with Kubernetes.
- Experience in cloud-native development (preferably AWS) is a strong plus.
- You are comfortable working with queue systems like Kafka and experience is a strong plus.
- You enjoy implementing and applying clean code principles or are into learning them.
Our Perks – More than just a job
- Have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are changing the way people travel, and you too can have an impact on this ride.
- Trust-based working. We don't punch the clock – organize your own schedule. We trust in what you do!
- Push boundaries. Everyone is equally important and works together on uncharted challenges alongside inspiring colleagues from all over the world.
- Fun at work and beyond. Discover the world with your free FlixBus rides and join our regular team events – there's always something to celebrate!
- Feel at home. We provide you with a laptop, comfortable working space, free drinks, a casual dress code, diverse employee discounts and more.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
FlixMobility – A place to enjoy work and have an impact
The future of transportation is Green. Here at FlixMobility Tech, the R&D group, we develop software with the brightest minds from around the world to engineer new experiences for our millions of customers across our apps and websites. Every day we solve challenging problems, like how to scale rapidly around the world and how to make an experience that delights our customers. We have a culture of sharing ideas, contributing to open source projects and being an active member in our technical communities.
FlixMobility is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, competence and merit.