Cloud Engineer (m/w/d)
, Frankfurt am Main
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
You are a passionate software engineer who knows the ins and outs of software engineering and how it fits the broader SDLC. Modelling the world, thinking in terms of design patterns, object oriented design, functional programming, test driven development are your second nature. You have written several applications from scratch, many are still in production to the delight of their users. You enjoy working in a team of like minded professionals and keen to provide feedback on other's code as well as act on feedback received on yours. You are used to working in agile teams delivering small, incremental improvements through continuous delivery pipelines. You are proud of the quality, security and robustness of the code you write, and because you write your code with an in depth understanding of the execution environment these qualities translate to the systems you implement as well.
You will be...
- ... part of a cross functional agile team of software engineers, data engineers, site reliability engineers, and a product owner.
- With your knowledge and experience you will support the team in making the right technical and architectural decisions for developing our next-level cloud based infrastructure for GfK's Media Measurement business function.
- Being a core member of our System Team, you will help and consult other teams with adapting proven best practices and conventions in regards to cloud infrastructure and SDLC tooling.
- Expert Knowledge in any of the programming languages : Java/Python and knowledge on Spark .
- Experienced with REST and API design.
- OS Containerisation with Docker.
- Recent and comprehensive experience working on AWS.
- Comprehensive automated testing knowledge with continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines.
- Knowledge of Bamboo, Jenkins and/or similar tools.
Good to have...
- Running micro-services at scale.
- Experience in commercial full stack software development
- Data processing pipelines, workflow scheduling like Airflow and ETL tooling in general
- NoSQL experience with databases like ElasticSearch or MongoDB
- Worked with SQL and Data Warehouses
- Knowledge of Terraform
- Agile development in general and scaling agile frameworks like Less or SAFe in particular
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!
- ROLAND Rechtsschutz-Versicherungs-AGFull Stack Entwickler (m/w/d)
- SWR SüdwestrundfunkFullstack-Entwickler/in (w/m/d)
- SenacorSenior Full Stack Softwareentwickler (m/w/d)
- BASFIT-Expert für den Aufbau von produktionsnahen IT/OT-Systemen und Netzwerken (m/w/d)
- cloudworxTrainee Consulting & Salesforce-Entwickler (m/w/d)