Java Engineer – Auction (m/f/d)
Are you an experienced and motivated Java engineer with a passion for performant algorithm design and applied data science? Are you interested in working with big data-driven applications that are highly scalable and distributed? Do you love learning new technologies?
Our Auction Strategy team is looking for a new team member to join our interdisciplinary group of engineers and data scientists who are working to bring machine learning and predictive algorithms into production. If you are looking for a role in a dynamic, challenging, and innovative environment where your work has a direct, visible impact, you have come to the right place!
What you’ll do:
- Work on the Java microservices, implementing auction algorithms and machine learning models to make business-congruent decisions that satisfy trivago’s users and partners.
- Leverage current technologies to develop, test, deploy, and monitor new algorithms within a large-scale, distributed backend system.
- Analyze the effects of algorithm changes and monitor performance data with Python, Hive, and other industry standard languages and tools.
- Use profiling tools to tune performance-critical components.
- Implement tools and interfaces for data scientists and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the growth of our team through learning and sharing new topics.
Our Technology Stack:
- Java 16, Spring Boot, Gradle, gRPC.
- Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud.
- Python, JupyterLab, Pandas.
- Elasticsearch, Kibana, Grafana.
- Kafka, Hive on Tez, Impala, Apache Spark.
What you’ll need:
- Solid skills in Java and Java-ecosystem frameworks and tools.
- Working knowledge of Java concurrency and safe coding practices.
- A strong desire to write maintainable, performant software.
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language (we like Python ).
- An interest for Data Science and/or related work experience.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to work closely with other team members.
- A passion for improving your technical skills and staying current with advancements within the industry.
What we’d love you to have:
- A good overview of machine learning and statistics.
- Experience with Apache Kafka.
- Basic knowledge of Hadoop / Hive / Impala and/or Spark.
- Experience working with cloud environments.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!