Backend Software Engineer - Content Platform (m/f/d)
We are looking for a mid-level Backend Software Engineer to help Meltwater build the next-generation content ingestion platform. Content (Meltwater's Content & Ingestion division) is a team of 20+ engineers, product owners, and agile coaches across the world. You will join a team focused on editorial & social content ingestion from external content providers, thus providing our customers with the highest quality, most relevant, and timely content possible. We are located mainly in Berlin but we also offer flexible work from home policy.
About the team
You will join a very dynamic and diverse mix of software engineers coming from various parts of the world! We enjoy our Friday lunch visits to the local Indian restaurant as well as arguing over where to find the best craft beer. We have family people, single people, people who drink coffee in the morning but Mate tea in the afternoons (and others that will continue with coffee until late evening), table tennis lovers, gamers, and more.
What we love to do
The solutions we build entail microservices powered by Docker, Drone, Postgresql, Kafka, RabbitMQ, and Lambdas. The languages we like to apply range from Golang, Java, Python to Node.js. Our applications are deployed in the AWS cloud with Kubernetes being our favorite deployment target. We take great pride in making data-driven decisions and the DevOps mindset and skills that allow us to manage all of these resources as a team.
Our challenge for you
As a vital part of the team, you will be facing challenging problems in ingesting large volumes of data from news sources and social APIs. If you are an amazing software engineer and some of the following points resonate with you, you should definitively apply!
- Be accountable for all aspects of your work, from research and analysis to testing, deployment, and operating the application in production
- Actively evolve our agile development process together with us (Scrum and Kanban)
- Apply best practices for testing, documentation, to ensure overall quality — and helping the team to monitor and improve where necessary
- Commitment to excellence and mastery: We want to keep getting better together!
- Write code that your peers praise for its elegance and readability
- Mentoring and coaching a growing team of developers
Fähigkeiten & Anforderungen
- Knowledge of GoLang, Java, Python, and/or Node.js
- Knowledge of front-end technologies (HTML/CSS/JS).
- Knowledge of AWS services and cloud deployment, including S3, EC2, SQS and Lambda.
- Experience with MySQL/PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch
- A DevOps mind with enthusiasm for deployment automation / Infrastructure-as-code
- A degree in computer science or a comparable qualification
- Experience with Kafka and/or broker-based architectures is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with building and running applications in production
- Enthusiasm for Microservices architecture and distributed systems
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and a demonstrated ability to find creative solutions to technical problems
- Fluent in English (don’t know German? no problem!)
Meltwater builds digital intelligence and marketing solutions for a global client base. All of our solutions are fully web-based, offered as a service, and based on a modern technology stack. This is your opportunity to be part of a small agile team within a big multinational organization!