Senior Software Engineer - Agronomy Services (m/f/d)
COMPANY: BASF Digital Farming GmbH
JOB ID: EN59359461_ONLE_2
Agriculture is all about balance. The balance that is crucial to everyone's existence - also applies to our Agricultural Solutions division. We connect innovative thinking with practical action to find the right balance for success - for farmers, agriculture and future generations. With seeds and traits, crop protection and digital solutions, we help farmers produce food more efficiently, protect the land and meet the needs of society.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer Agronomy Services for our Digital Farming operations to develop and establish our service offerings successfully in the market.
- As a Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for the Java and Python-based backend development, architecture, and operations inside the globally operating digital farming unit of BASF.
- You will implement test-driven development of Python-based and Java-based components dealing with traditional and AI based models / algorithms.
- Furthermore, you will ensure efficient and cost-effective handling and processing of predictions based on multiple input factors in an event driven architecture.
- You will be responsible for implementing new algorithms and concepts for predictive algorithms in close collaboration with our agronomic and technical research teams.
- Lastly, you will work closely with product engineers, solution architects and software developers as well as our commercial operations team.
- Completed degree in computer sciences, natural sciences, engineering, mathematics, GIS or related fields
- Several years of professional experience ideally in an Agricultural and Digital Farming related area
- Profound knowledge in modern scalable and production-ready Java-based Microservices ideally in a Kubernetes context
- Good working experience in modern scalable and production-ready Python-based Microservices as well as experience in implementation of Python code for and of AI-based algorithms
- Fluency in English is mandatory, German or a second foreign language would be a benefit
- Onboarding to help you settle in quickly, ensuring you are part of the BASF team from day one.
- International work culture that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Development discussions and programs so that you can reach your full potential.
- Flexible work arrangements so that you can balance your working life and private life.
If possible, please upload the documents into one single PDF file. Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Therefore please submit only copies and no originals.
Do you have any questions about the application process or the position? Karina Urich, Tel.: +49 30 2005-58528
xarvio Digital Farming Solutions powered by BASF is at the forefront of the digital transformation of agriculture optimizing crop production. xarvio offers digital products, based on a global leading crop model platform, which deliver independent field-zone-specific agronomic advice enabling farmers to produce their crops most efficiently and sustainable. The xarvio products SCOUTING, FIELD MANAGER and HEALTHY FIELDS are being used by farmers in more than 100 countries worldwide. Working at BASF Digital Farming GmbH is equally as innovative as our products: we have a global network and work with agile methodologies in a start-up atmosphere. Join our team! Learn more about xarvio at www.xarvio.com or visit any of our social media channels.
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.