Senior Data Engineer for Advanced Analytics (f/m/d)
You search for the next step in your career, working in an multinational, interdisciplinary team? It feels natural for you to orchestrate the flow of big amounts of data and you are convinced that you can decisively contribute to Vattenfall’s journey towards becoming a data driven company? You are intrigued by working with data generated by physical assets as e.g. wind turbines, batteries or heating grids? You would like to make a difference and work together with us on our big target to get fossil free within one generation? If so this is the position for you!
For the Analytics Solutions team, part of Vattenfall IT we are now looking for an ambitious Senior Data Engineer for Advanced Analytics (f/m/d)
The Analytics Solutions team has members in the Vattenfall offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Hamburg and Stockholm. You can choose to be based in either of these locations. We provide solutions to Vattenfall departments primarily in Germany, Sweden and the Netherlands, so travelling between our office locations can be part of the job.
Your job as Senior Data Engineer for Advanced Analytics (f/m/d)
As a Senior Data Engineer for Advanced Analytics you would be part of DevOps teams designing, creating, and maintaining solutions based on the MS Azure technology stack. In doing so, we as IT partner up with our colleagues from the various departments within Vattenfall. The tasks and projects are varied and so are the data, the use cases and the technology. For instance our solutions have a direct impact on fuel consumption in the district heating grid of Berlin based on live Smart Meter data evaluation, optimize maintenance cycles of turbines and under water cables via predictive maintenance or allow for cross country streaming data analytics on powerplant sensor data.
Within the team, the Senior Data Engineer for Advanced Analytics is the key competence holder when it comes to advanced analytics technologies, concepts, and best practices. You will closely cooperate with engineers across Vattenfall’s departments to evaluate and produce novel approaches to work with our data in stable, performant and easy to use solutions.
Your key activities will be:
- Drive the establishment of advanced analytics as a core competency in the Analytics Solutions team
- Develop and maintain Machine Learning models
- Operationalize Machine Learning in cooperation with Data Scientists, other Data Engineers and business specialists
- Hands-on work with data, especially timeseries, using Python / pandas, R, etc.
- Utilize and refine the existing data landscape in the context of advanced analytics
- Proactively adapt value adding solutions to the needs of other departments
- Build and maintain ETL/ELT pipelines
- Drive digitalization, i.e. design and create state of the art solutions
- Be part of and/or consult DevOps teams together with architects, requirement engineers, data engineers and business specialists
Your profile as Senior Data Engineer for Advanced Analytics (f/m/d):
- You have a hands-on mentality to solve complex issues
- You are curious to find out what our data wants to tell us
- You have a strong drive to ask questions
- Learning new tools and continuously improve your soft and hard skills is your second nature and you embrace working on new topics and projects every day
- You think about data as a massive asset to leverage & are familiar with data sharing concepts in the cloud
- You have an agile mindset and SCRUM way of working
- You feel personally committed to the goal setting and delivery of the team (local and international)
- Last but not least you are not afraid to drink a cup of coffee with our key users
- At least 3-5 years of hands-on working experience in the field of advanced analytics with the focus on timeseries analysis
- A strong technical background with an understanding of how analytics solutions are brought into life by means of e.g. Python, SQL, R, C# etc.
- Knowledge of cloud computing, preferably in the MS Azure stack (e.g. Data Warehouse, Synapse, SQL Database, PostgreSQL, Snowflake, Databricks, SSIS, Data Factory, Analysis Services, Function Apps, Power BI, ML …)
- Familiarity with CI / CD, testing and version control (e.g. Azure DevOps, ARM, GIT or similar)
- Data modelling expertise is beneficial
- Proven experience in working agile
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is required. Dutch, German and/or Swedish are beneficial
- Ideally you already have a good understanding of utility business processes, data structure and IT landscape (SAP ERP, IAM, EAM, SCADA, infrastructure and security regulations like GDPR)
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, disability and ethnic background.
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest generators of electricity and the largest producer of heat. And we have the vision to completely shift the production to fossil free energy sources within one generation. The Vattenfall Group has about 20,000 employees. Vattenfall’s core markets are Sweden, Germany and the Netherlands. The Group also conducts business in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Poland and the UK. The Parent Company, Vattenfall AB, is fully owned by the Swedish state.
What we offer
- Central office locations in Amsterdam, Berlin, Hamburg and Stockholm with easy access, by either public transport or car
- Healthy work-life balance (smart working)
- The time for you to further develop your profession as Senior Data Engineer for Advanced Analytics
- Opportunity to work for an international energy company with the aim to be fossil free within one generation
- Work with energetic, motivated colleagues in an international, interdisciplinary team who like to have fun as well
At Vattenfall we promote smart working. Meaning you can easily combine work life with your private situation to ensure a healthy work life balance.
Are you interested in this position? Apply now or contact us for additional information! We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter.
For more information about the position you can contact Dr. Michael Schulze (Manager Analytics Solutions) at +49 1525 4626733. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Pia Siebensohn (Recruiter) at +49 173 3406340.
We look forward to your application!
Due to COVID-19 we adapted our application process to the current conditions. Interviews regarding this position will be conducted via video conference. Do you have any questions about the application process or how we deal with COVID-19? Please visit our generic FAQ page in advance.
Location: Amsterdam, Berlin, Hamburg, Stockholm
- PwCTransfer Pricing Data & Analytics Specialist (w/m/d)
- PwCPraktikant / Werkstudent Business Intelligence (w/m/d)
- REWE SystemsIT-Business Analyst (Requirements Engineer) (m/w/d) Digitalisierung Bestands- & Retourenprozesse
- HABA GroupDatacenter Engineer – Linux (m/w/d)
- ISR Information Products AG(Junior) Consultant Business Intelligence (m/w/d)