Software Engineer (m/f/d) with Focus on Web Front-End
Almost 8 billion people live on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more...many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 184-year history.
Welcome to John Deere, the leading innovator of agricultural, forestry, construction, lawn and grounds care equipment supported by comprehensive parts and financial services solutions. With around 70,000 employees worldwide, we develop and produce connected and technologically advanced machines with a total sales of $35,5 billion. By joining us you grow individually and become a key contributor in managing the biggest global challenge: supplying 7 billion people with food, clothing and infrastructure.
The John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group (ISG), located in Kaiserslautern, is part of a global John Deere Tech Stack. Its focus is on research and development of future trends and technologies around mobile agricultural, turf, and construction machines.
Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Software Engineer with focus on Web Front-End (f/m/d)
As a Software Engineer with focus on Front-End you will work on our Web Application Suite to help users Setup, Plan, Monitor, and Analyze the work they execute with our connected machines on their fields or on their construction sites. John Deere is running tens of thousands of connected machines that need to be fed with planning and setup data from our web and mobile applications.
We operate as a global team in a collaborative and open environment using the latest in web and cloud technologies as we build the future of Precision Agriculture and Construction.
We are looking for passionate individuals who are excited about leveraging the latest (web) technology to develop groundbreaking products for our customers. Your specific responsibilities being part of a full-stack product development team will include:
- Developing our web user interfaces on top of our John Deere APIs
- Engaging in all aspects of the software delivery cycle including (UX/UI) design, implementation, building, (automated) testing, deployment, and support
- Participating in agile software development activities including team sprint planning, daily stand-ups, and team retrospectives
- Collaborating with product Managers, UX /UI designers, SW architects, testers, customer support representatives and other supporting teams
- Interfacing regularly with customers to ensure technical solutions are meeting their needs
- Leveraging analytics to understand user behavior and driving front-end improvements accordingly
- Being an active member of the global John Deere developer community
- University degree in Business Informatics, Computer Science or comparable qualification
- 2+ years of professional experience as a software developer in the development of modern web applications
- Deep knowledge and practical experience with the latest versions of
- CSS and SCSS
- Solid understanding of fundamental web technologies such as HTTP, HTML, AJAX and JSON
- Practical experience in developing with RESTful APIs
- Broad experience in working with continuous integration tools (like GitHub or Drone), build pipelines and test automation
- Experience with writing and maintaining automated regression test suites with tools like Cypress
- 2+ years of experience as a member of an agile software development team
- Fluent English skills with an excellent faculty of expression in word and writing
- Good German skills are desirable
This makes you stand out:
- Experience in UX / UI Design and UX research
- Experience in backend development using Java and Python
- Experience with cloud technologies like AWS, Azure or Docker
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (e. g. PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Experience with native iOS development in Swift/ Objective C
- Experience with Android mobile development in Kotlin/Java
- Knowledge and experience in data analytics, machine learning approaches and related technologies
What you’ll get:
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement.
In addition, John Deere is offering competitive compensation and extensive benefits packages like:
- Flexible working hours
- Employer-funded pension
- Individual development plans
- Member of corporate benefits - employee discount program
We Run Like No Other:
We conduct business essential to life. Running for the people who trust us and the planet that sustains us, we create intelligent connected machines that enable lives to leap forward.
Find out more about John Deere, the Higher Purpose behind what we do, innovation & technology at Deere here:
John Deere develops next-generation technologies that change how our customers connect, explore, and interact with machines and the information they provide. We are looking for fast thinking players to join our company. So, if you're looking for a place to work that values innovation, leadership and creativity, please apply online.
- PwC Deutschland(Senior) Backend Developer (w/m/d)Berlin +8Anwendungsentwicklung
- BASFSoftwareentwickler_in mit Schwerpunkt Webentwicklung (m/w/d)LemfördeAnwendungsentwicklung +1
- Arvato Supply Chain Solutions(Junior) Softwareentwickler (w/m/x)Hamburg +4Anwendungsentwicklung
- Capgemini DeutschlandSenior Softwareentwickler (w/m/d)Berlin +15Anwendungsentwicklung