Junior Backend Software Engineer - Fulfillment Core (w/m/d)
As Zalando transforms from Europe’s leading e-commerce company into The Starting Point for Fashion, this is an exciting time to join.
As a Junior Software Engineer in the Fulfillment Core team at Zalando, you will work on business-critical systems involved in the customer order journey. These systems ensure that customers have an accurate view of what they can buy across Zalandos and our partners inventory. It will also give us and our partners more control over how inventory is steered across the Zalando platform.
Where Your Expertise Is Needed
- Design, develop, deploy, operate and improve software solutions that impact millions of customers
- Be part of an agile team taking ownership of the whole development cycle - from architecture and design to testing, implementation and maintenance
- Own systems that are critical to Zalandos’ commercial success
- Collaborate and have fun with talented peer engineers to solve challenging business problems
What We're Looking For
- Experience in a JVM based programming language. Preferably with Java, Kotlin or Scala.
- Experience with SQL
- A strong focus on operational excellence
- Either experience in backend software development or recent graduate
- Good technical and communication skills as well as teamwork abilities
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English
Perks At Work
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 20 countries.
Our Tech Hub in Dortmund was founded in 2012 as the first satellite office outside of Berlin. Two teams, one working for Zalando SE, one working for Zalando Payments GmbH grew from small teams of few developers and product managers working on Payments solutions, Campaign and Media Planning, and Market Analysis significantly in numbers and scope of responsibility over the years.
We continuously add new areas of competency, with teams now focused on the tech challenges connected to Zalando's business-critical topics including our fulfillment management, logistics and gift cards and a whole separate business, Zalando Payments GmbH, focussing on payments.
In the Fulfillment Core department, we focus on the entire Network of Logistics Centers. Across this network we plan, track & predict millions of movements to make sure every fashion item across Europe finds its way to our more than 35 million active customers. Through this mission we are a key enabler to becoming The Starting Point for Fashion.
- PwC Deutschland(Senior) Backend Developer (w/m/d)Berlin +8Anwendungsentwicklung
- Arvato Supply Chain Solutions(Junior) Softwareentwickler (w/m/x)Hamburg +4Anwendungsentwicklung
- BASFSoftwareentwickler_in mit Schwerpunkt Webentwicklung (m/w/d)LemfördeAnwendungsentwicklung +1
- Capgemini DeutschlandSenior Softwareentwickler (w/m/d)Berlin +15Anwendungsentwicklung