Junior System Analyst m/f/t - Energy Trading
RWE Supply & Trading GmbH, Essen, Germany (DE) or Swindon, United Kingdom (UK)
To start as soon as possible, Full time, Permanent
RWE Supply & Trading GmbH (RWEST) is a subsidiary of RWE Group with a workforce of around 1,600, of which more than 280 employees in an IT function.
The team Operating Services are positioned under cross functional domain within RWEST IT with our team members located across Essen and Swindon.
Our team is responsible for seamless applications support, maintenance and development of in-house and external application tools in the energy market.
We offer our support to Business users and Commodity Traders to ensure smooth running of energy trading tools and systems.
- Operations of key Trading applications (involving Market Risk users, Front Office, Back Office users)
- Monitor application processes and workflows
- In charge of daily flow of deals workflow, data or information including reporting landscape, ensuring the readiness of data for reporting
- Configuration and user management of applications
- Work on incidents and service requests from stakeholders
- Maintenance and patching activities
- Continuous improvement of operations related processes, through e.g. innovative ideas, taking advantage of new technologies like RPA etc.
- Support Aspects
- Work closely together with business representatives, help desks and other teams on quick resolutions in the context of issues or incidents
- Trouble shoot incidents reported by users via quick analysis of situations to provide ad hoc solutions
- Root cause analysis for permanently fixing problems
- Log analysis of in-house application and debugging the components
- Enhancing monitoring of the systems towards a self-sustained manner by using latest tools in market e.g.: Kibana (Elastic), Nagios etc.
- Work in a DevOps model with development teams and business stakeholders - to develop enhancements and testing before go-live
- Support migration of legacy application to Cloud based projects (AWS) / Multi-account setup
- Clear and concise communication towards business stakeholders
Your powerful skills:
- Interest in gaining knowledge in IT Operations best practises and passion for IT trending topics
- Very high motivation to learn and grow
- Experience in at least one scripting (powershell, python) and database (ORACLE, SQL or Snowflake) language
- Experience in programming languages like Java, C#, C++ or any framework like Camel, Maven, etc.
- Knowledge of ActiveMQ, Kafka etc.
- Ability to work well under pressure and strong communication skills
- Work experience with supporting large IT applications
- Good experience in customer support, requirements analysis and reporting
- Readiness for occasional travel and on-call shifts on a rotational basis
Advantageous, but not a must
- Knowledge of any BI tools (Microstrategy) or ENDUR (OpenLink)
- Cloud environment around Azure SQL, data factory, Multiaccount setup, Ec2 instances, Kubernetes, docker etc.
- CI/CD deployment pipeline involving Team City, Jenkins etc.
- Experience in Energy Trading domain
- Excellent opportunity to work on Europe’s largest Energy Trading Floor
- Modern company culture with flat hierarchies and great team spirit
- Interesting and varied tasks supporting our Traders
- Gain further experience with a key applications in Energy Trading Industry
- Strong influence on shaping a newly build strategy
- Enjoy working in a team of international members
- Working in an agile setup on things that matter
- Competitive salary and benefits package
Apply now with just a few clicks: ad code 44020
Any questions? Steph Turi (Recruiting), E.: email@example.com
We look forward to meeting you!
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity.
RWE represents change, innovation and sustainability. As one of the world’s leading generators of electricity from renewable energy sources, we aim to be carbon-neutral by 2040 and to enable a sustainable life for people around the world. To achieve this, we are looking for dynamic and motivated people to join us in creating a sustainable and secure energy future.
- BearingPointAnalyst (m/w/d) Digital Operations ManagementBerlin +6Business Analysis +1
- DIPF | Leibniz-Institut für Bildungsforschung und BildungsinformationSystem-Administrator*in (m/w/d)BerlinSystem Engineering / Admin
- Terranets BWSystemadministrator (m/w/d) Infrastruktur und NetzwerkStuttgartSystem Engineering / Admin
- EITCOIT Business Analyst (m/w/d)BonnBusiness Analysis
- NRW.BANKIT System Engineer Video-, Web-Conferencing und Mail-Services w:m:dDüsseldorfSystem Engineering / Admin