COMPANY: BASF Digital Farming GmbH
JOB ID: EN59525671_ONLE_1
Agriculture is all about balance. The balance that is crucial to everyones existence - also applies to our Agricultural Solutions division. We connect innovative thinking with practical action to find the right balance for success - for farmers, agriculture and future generations. With seeds and traits, crop protection and digital solutions, we help farmers produce food more efficiently, protect the land and meet the needs of society.
Our Remote Sensing technology team enables the use of imagery data from space-based platforms across xarvio's digital products. The pipelines that we design provide a large number of growers as well as xarvio partners with timely intelligence to enhance their decision making.
- As Data Scientist you will develop innovative Remote Sensing use cases and improve the quality of our RS-based services in the digital agriculture space.
- You will design and implement solutions enabling scalable, high-performance data processing as well as Machine Learning on Earth Observation data.
- Last but not least, you will design automated processes as well as feedback-loops to facilitate ML-Model calibration and maintenance across the EO-relevant data pipelines.
- PhD or master's degree in geoinformatics, computer sciences or physics with professional work experience
- strong background in scientific programming using Python
- excellent knowledge of satellite remote sensing data processing and analytics
- good communication and presentation skills in English
- flexible across all dimensions of remote sensing data business, ranging from pipelining, data foundation, up to ML and developing applied use cases
- Onboarding to help you settle in quickly, ensuring you are part of the BASF team from day one.
- International work culture that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Development discussions and programs so that you can reach your full potential.
- Flexible work arrangements so that you can balance your working life and private life.
Do you have any questions about the application process or the position? Please reach out to Karina Urich, Tel.:+49 30 2005-58528
First information about our application process can be found here: http://on.basf.com/applicationprocess.
xarvio Digital Farming Solutions powered by BASF is at the forefront of the digital transformation of agriculture optimizing crop production. xarvio offers digital products, based on a global leading crop model platform, which deliver independent field-zone-specific agronomic advice enabling farmers to produce their crops most efficiently and sustainable. The xarvio products SCOUTING, FIELD MANAGER and HEALTHY FIELDS are being used by farmers in more than 100 countries worldwide. Working at BASF Digital Farming GmbH is equally as innovative as our products: we have a global network and work with agile methodologies in a start-up atmosphere. Join our team! Learn more about xarvio at www.xarvio.com or visit any of our social media channels.
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.
Please upload the documents, summarized in a PDF if possible.
- UmweltbundesamtWissenschaftliche*r Mitarbeiter*in Data Scientist (m/w/d)MerseburgDatenbankentwicklung / BI
- BearingPointAnalyst (m/w/d) Data ExcellenceBerlin +5Business Analysis +1
- Detlev LouisData Analyst (m/w/d) PricingHamburgBusiness Analysis +1
- REWE Systems(Junior) Data Engineer Logistik (m/w/d)KölnAnwendungsentwicklung +1
- SCMT GmbHData Scientist in Kombination mit einem dualen Master (m/w/d)StuttgartDatenbankentwicklung / BI