Platform developer (m/f/d) for modular web applications
We are looking - as soon as possible, full-time and permanent - for a platform developer (m/f/d) for modular web applications to support our agile developer team within KWS Saat SE & Co. KGaA in Einbeck, Lower Saxony.
As a part of a highly motivated team, you will focus on the activities that enable the other developers to develop and operate business-driven self-contained systems as efficiently as possible. An optimal Developer Experience (DX) is your goal. You are part of a project that involves the modernization of the existing IT landscape for plant breeding. From applications for portable data collection devices in warehouse management to highly specialized software components to support the latest internal breeding processes.
Your new responsibilities:
- Development and support of software components required by different, specialized cut systems (platform/cross-section components).
- These can be templates for the CI/CD pipeline, larger application components for front- or backend or stand-alone systems that also require their own data management.
- They have the Developer Experience (DX) in mind and always try to improve the efficiency of the development.
- When new infrastructure components or tools are introduced, you support and coach the other developers of the project. For example, if needed, you can advise them on how to build CI/CD pipelines or how to implement automated integration testing in the deployed environment.
Contribute your competencies:
- University degree in computer science or comparable qualification
- Practical experience in professional software development (e.g. dependency injection, mocking, automatic tests, CI/CD pipelines)
- Good C# and .Net Core knowledge
- Practical experience in dealing with container environments and their operation
- Confident handling of GIT, Windows, Linux and relational databases (PostgreSQL)
- Experience with microservices and/or domain-driven design is a plus
- Knowledge of agile software development (e.g. SCRUM)
- Very good knowledge of English and good knowledge of German is required
That is our offer to you:
- In our teams, which operate according to SCRUM, we work together and in short sprints - this creates dynamism and freedom for a lot of personal responsibility.
- As a family-run company, we live a culture with the values of team spirit, closeness and trust, independence and foresight.
- True to the motto "Make yourself grow!", we promote individual professional and personal development.
- As a basis, we offer excellent work equipment (ergonomic workstations, multiple monitors, air conditioning), a fully subsidized canteen and sufficient free parking at the site.
- We create the appropriate framework conditions for you: Capital-forming benefits, company pension plan, Christmas and vacation bonus, childcare allowance, job bike.
Advance your career and grow with KWS in your tasks! We look forward to receiving your digital application (cover letter, resume) via our job portal.
KWS is one of the world’s leading plant breeding companies. With the tradition of family ownership, KWS has operated independently for more than 160 years. It focuses on plant breeding and the production and sale of seed for corn, sugar beet, cereals, potato, rapeseed, sunflowers and vegetables. KWS uses leading-edge plant breeding methods. 5.700 employees represent KWS in more than 70 countries. For more information: www.kws.com/career. Follow us on LinkedIn® at https://linkedin.com/company/kwsgroup/.
- PwC Deutschland(Senior) Backend Developer (w/m/d)Berlin +8Anwendungsentwicklung
- BASFSoftwareentwickler_in mit Schwerpunkt Webentwicklung (m/w/d)LemfördeAnwendungsentwicklung +1
- Arvato Supply Chain Solutions(Junior) Softwareentwickler (w/m/x)Hamburg +4Anwendungsentwicklung
- Capgemini DeutschlandSenior Softwareentwickler (w/m/d)Berlin +15Anwendungsentwicklung