Junior Software Engineer (m/w/d)- zDirect (Merchant Orders)
Aabout the team
As a Backend Engineer in the Merchant Orders team, you will help us build and maintain a collection of microservices that handles the entire order lifecycle of our B2B partner program Zalando Direct. These services are of paramount importance for our business as they process a significant part of Zalando’s total gross-merchandise volume. In 2020, our share was 20.8% of 10.7 billion Euros.
Please read more about our business unit on our dedicated intro page here.
Where your expertise is needed
- Together with your team you will own your code and deliver as well as operate large-scale applications on an AWS cloud. We use Kubernetes for orchestrating our various microservices
- Create highly scalable solutions and own the entire development cycle from architecture and design to testing, implementation, maintenance, and monitoring
What we're looking for
- Good grasp of computer science fundamentals
- Commercial experience in designing, implementing, and deploying software
- Functional programming experience
- Knowledge of relational databases, preferably Postgres.
What we offer
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties and events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, training platform and training budget, free language courses (English / German), pension scheme, 40% Zalando shopping discount on most products from our catalogue, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, diverse online accessible sports and health offerings (such as an extensive Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members)
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and access to an international team of experts and a very diverse group of colleagues. We are proud of our diversity and it shows in our recently published report.
- Sponsorship for VISAs, Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in selected locations)
- PwC Deutschland(Senior) Backend Developer (w/m/d)Berlin +8Anwendungsentwicklung
- BASFSoftwareentwickler_in mit Schwerpunkt Webentwicklung (m/w/d)LemfördeAnwendungsentwicklung +1
- Capgemini DeutschlandSenior Softwareentwickler (w/m/d)Berlin +15Anwendungsentwicklung
- Arvato Supply Chain Solutions(Junior) Softwareentwickler (w/m/x)Hamburg +4Anwendungsentwicklung
- imbusJumpStart-Programm für Softwareentwickler (m/w/d)Hofheim am Taunus +5Anwendungsentwicklung +1