(Senior) Market Access Application Specialist (m/f/d)
For our office in Hamburg we are looking for a dedicated and motivated person to fill the position of a (Senior) Market Access Application Specialist in the Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) Market Access & Logistics team.
You will be part of the Market Access & Logistic team within ETRM, which holds IT technical competencies as well as in-depth business knowledge in relation to exchanges, commodity trading products and trading processes.
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious IT professionals who are looking for a challenging and diverse job within a leading energy company in one of the fastest changing and evolving trading areas.
Main tasks & responsibilities
Market Access & Logistics enables business in BA Markets through a timely and sustainable delivery of application development and support in the area of Energy Logistics and Trading.
You will be responsible for our Market Access applications, from system analyses, daily support to change management. This includes the coordination of external software suppliers, configuration management, follow-up on market changes and on-the-floor trader support.
Your job as a senior Market Access Application Specialist
- Enabling trading for traders and automate trading processes
- Active communication to traders and other IT departments in Vattenfall
- Monitor, analyze, develop and fix the Front Office IT system landscape
- Analyzing & Transferring business requirements into solutions and changes
- Change Management
- Configuration Management
- Incident management, resolving malfunctions that occur in trading applications and trader tools
- Communication with external & internal Software suppliers
- Participating actively in an agile team & DevOps team
- Participating in the on call team, supporting 24×7 business critical applications
We are looking for
Our successful candidate has a university degree in Business and Information Technology, Engineering or other related field with a minimum of three years of overall IT software development and IT operations experience. In depth commodity/energy trading knowledge or a financial trading background are required. Your command of English is strong, both verbally and written.
Your skills are
- Team oriented and excellent communicator
- Fast learner and early adaptor of new business- and technological developments
- Strong analytical skills
- In depth working experience with Commodity Trading applications (Exxeta, Refinitiv, TT, Trayport)
- Knowledge of European energy markets and trading venues (e.g. EEX, EPEX, Nasdaq Nordic, Nordpool)
- Experience with complex IT networks and application hosting (with focus on MS Azure)
- Hands-on application support experience
- High degree of commitment
- Willingness to do the stretch over the full service chain( from 1st level support up to supplier coordination)
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
Good to have
- Python, Excel, .NET or Java, SQL (Oracle or MSSQL).
Business Area (BA) Markets maximizes the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimizing and dispatching, hedging and sourcing for Vattenfall’s assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimize 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with more than 450 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.
The Operational Unit (OU) Operations is responsible for providing Analysis, IT, Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) and Project Management support to the Vattenfall Assets and Trading Division – the mission is to enable business. OU Operations is consisting of highly skilled employees with backgrounds ranging from mathematics, engineering, economics, computer science to project management. We are present in the locations Hamburg, Stockholm and Amsterdam.
We welcome your application, including CV and cover letter in English. For information about the recruitment process please contact our recruiter Marc Hofmann via phone +49 152 54627825.
Due to COVID-19 we adapted our application process to the current conditions. Interviews regarding this position will be conducted via video conference. Do you have any questions about the application process or how we deal with COVID-19? Please visit our FAQ list in advance.
Due to GDPR regulations, we kindly request that you only apply via our website. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
- PwC Deutschland(Senior) Backend Developer (w/m/d)Berlin +8Anwendungsentwicklung
- BASFSoftwareentwickler_in mit Schwerpunkt Webentwicklung (m/w/d)LemfördeAnwendungsentwicklung +1
- Capgemini DeutschlandSenior Softwareentwickler (w/m/d)Berlin +15Anwendungsentwicklung
- Arvato Supply Chain Solutions(Junior) Softwareentwickler (w/m/x)Hamburg +4Anwendungsentwicklung