Vattenfall is a European energy company with approximately 20.000 employees. For more than 100 years we have electrified industries, supplied energy to people’s homes and modernized our way of living through innovation and cooperation. We now want to make fossil-free living possible within one generation. To be able to reach this ambitious goal we are looking for talented individuals who, in addition to their passion for their own role, also have strong team spirit and want to contribute to supporting a meaningful corporate mission.
Vattenfall IT is the internal provider of IT infrastructure services for the entire Vattenfall Group. It is an international shared service center, providing IT services and support.
You will join our international team called Common solutions (YICMC) within Transformation & Corporate IT. YICMC provides solutions, tools and capabilities to a broad stakeholder and customer groups within IT and business areas / business units in Vattenfall. We drive the strategy and roadmap for multiple topics and common initiatives within this team. One core area within Common Solutions is IT4IT where we manage and deliver systems and tools used by internal IT for the business of running IT (think ITSM, test management, enterprise architecture management etc.). One of our key solutions for ITSM is BMC Remedy.
This is what you will be doing
We are reaching for a BMC Solution designer who can bring technical and solution oriented design thinking within the team. We have a complex, multi-project ecosystem with a vast range of stakeholders. We need someone who can work in such an environment and ensure that multiple requirements are taken into account for a holistic, stable and compliant solution delivery.
- You will plan, design and deliver solution architecture and data / information governance for (and around) BMC Remedy.
- You ensure that the best possible technical solution is designed and delivered considering the overall organizational perspective.
- Define the information flows and governance for optimal utilization of toolset within the IT4IT landscape with core focus on the BMC suite.
- Creation of functional specifications and design document for implementation.
- Lead all technical aspects of project delivery and solution delivery including application UI configuration, discovery and CMDB, workflow configuration, development of required reporting, development of requirement integration components.
- Advise on options, risk and impacts on business processes, indicating continual opportunities to improve through digitization and automation.
- Stakeholder management and good communication skills are essential for this role.
Our ideal candidate
You are a positive challenger, looking for solutions, flexible and driven by results. You have a strong personality, and like to work both independently and in a team. Additionally, you have;
- Bachelor or master degree within IT.
- Broad knowledge and experience in ITSM toolset, especially BMC Remedy.
- Experience with complex BMC projects focused on data and information governance and optimizations.
- Fluent in written and spoken English – we are an international team.
- You have good communication skills, you’re assertive and detail-oriented which enables you to comprehend and create the big picture with regards to the organizational needs.
What do we offer
At Vattenfall you will work in an open and entrepreneurial environment. We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal, dynamic working environment. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company where the only constant is change. Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we value a great work atmosphere. We want to be the best in what we do. We offer good remuneration, attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional growth. You get the opportunity to create your own career within the company.
The work location is flexible and you can work from any of the core countries where Vattenfall is located (Netherlands, Sweden, Germany, Poland).
Security Vetting is part of the application process; for this you need to live minimum 5 years in a country where VF has presence.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter, before the 23rd of October 2021. For questions about the role, please contact Soumya Rai, Hiring Manager, via Soumya.firstname.lastname@example.org If you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact Christiaan van der Horst, Corporate Recruiter, via email@example.com.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that striving for diversity helps to build a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background. Read more on how we work with diversity and inclusion here: https://careers.vattenfall.com/about-us/diversity-and-inclusion/
- BASFPraktikum Engineering von Large Capital Projects (m/w/d)Ludwigshafen am RheinProjektmanagement
- NRW.BANKIT-Projektleiter für die Office-Infrastruktur w:m:dDüsseldorfProjektmanagement
- BWIProjektkoordinator/ Manager Anforderungen und Abhängigkeiten – PMO Expert - Digital Programs (m/w/d)Berlin +9Projektmanagement +1
- Bosch GruppeQualitätsingenieur für Steuerungstechnik und Software (w/m/div.)Erbach (Odenwald)Projektmanagement +1
- PHOENIX CONTACT GmbH & Co. KGProjektleiter für Digitalisierungsprojekte m/w/dBlomberg (Lippe)Projektmanagement