Application Consultant NIS / GIS (f/m/d)
Vattenfall has a vision to be fossil-free in one generation. To accomplish this we leverage data generated from both within Vattenfall and outside Vattenfall. Do you want to be part of a team that collects, connects and coalesces data from various sources? If so this is the position for you!
Vattenfall IT is looking for an ambitious Application Consultant (f/m/d) NIS / GIS for our offices in Hamburg or Berlin.
Your Job as Application Consultant (f/m/d) NIS / GIS
As Application Consultant you will participate or be responsible for running the NIS/GIS applications of our customers. This will include end-to-end responsibility to our customers, continuous customer dialogue, requirement engineering, technical design, development and maintenance of applications operated within IT. This position will allow you to learn more about the energy industry under change.
- Maintaining systems (issues, updates, upgrades)
- Business consultancy on data visualization
- Advisory role on business topics/problems
- Working on NIS/GIS related projects and changes
- Organise work on specific projects and changes
Your Profile as Application Consultant (f/m/d) NIS / GIS
You are motivated and an organized team player with decent communication skills and a solution orientated way of thinking. In addition you have:
- A university degree in informatics, business informatics, business administration, environmental science or comparable
- Job experience in the following areas
- Creation, changing and handling of relational databases including dedicated data models for the GIS area
- Managing NIS systems
- Requirement engineering to implement customer requirements in the NIS / GIS application environment
- Fluency in both German and English (written and verbally)
- Willingness to travel in Northern Europe
An add-on is experience with:
- SQL (Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL) and their geographic add-ons
- Trimble, sisNET, ArcGIS or similar
- Dealing with FME (Feature Manipulation Engine)
- Web Map Services (WMS) and Web Feature Services (WFS) applications
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
What we offer
At Vattenfall we work in an open and dynamic work environment. We offer you a demanding and independent job in which you can help to shape the digital future of our company. You will work in a diverse and interdisciplinary team and you can always count on the support of committed colleagues, as the „ask and share“ concept is essential for the way you work. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
For more information about the position please contact Edwin Heinen +31 65 1043 058. For information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Recruiter Dominik Friebe +49 40 79022 1374.
Due to COVID-19 we adapted our application process to the current conditions. Interviews regarding this position will be conducted via video conference. Do you have any questions about the application process or how we deal with COVID-19? Please visit our generic FAQ page in advance.
We look forward to your application!
- PwC DeutschlandEinstieg IT-Beratung (w/m/d)Berlin +5Consulting
- Capgemini DeutschlandTechnology Consultant (w/m/d)Düsseldorf +4Consulting
- PwC Deutschland(Wirtschafts-) Informatiker IT-Beratung Teilzeit/Vollzeit (w/m/d)Berlin +7Consulting
- Project Partners ManagementJunior IT-Projektleiter (m/w/d)Hamburg +1Consulting +1
- Brose FahrzeugteileJunior SAP Inhouse Consultant PP (m/w/d)BambergConsulting