- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with operating systems and networking protocols.
- Experience with computer and server hardware or troubleshooting/diagnosing.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 50% of the time.
- Experience in project management and leadership.
- Experience working within a data center or network operation center environment.
- Experience in maintenance and monitoring of server systems.
- Experience with Linux operating systems.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with teams to overcome challenges.
About the job
Google isn't just a software company. The Hardware Operations team is responsible for monitoring the state-of-the-art physical infrastructure behind Google's powerful search technology. As an Operations Technician, you'll install, configure, test, troubleshoot and maintain hardware (like servers and its components) and server software (like Google's Linux cluster). You'll also take on the configuration of more complex components such as networks, routers, hubs, bridges, switches and networking protocols. You'll participate in or lead small project teams on larger installations and develop project contingency plans. A typical day involves manual movement and installation of racks, and while it can sometimes be physically demanding, you are excited to work with infrastructure that is at the cutting-edge of computer technology.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Lead and contribute to efforts and projects in the deployment, maintenance, and support of data center infrastructure.
- Lead troubleshooting and resolve critical or escalated technical issues regarding affected equipment.
- Help test and troubleshoot server hardware components and designs.
- Configure and troubleshoot OS-related issues on server.
A person with disabilities will be given preferential consideration per local regulations.
- Bundesamt für Migration und Flüchtlingeeine Sachbearbeiterin bzw. einen Sachbearbeiter (m/w/d) im Bereich Plattformdienste (Product Owner DevOps- Plattform)NürnbergSystem Engineering / Admin
- Capgemini DeutschlandJunior Berater Data Analytics / Data Engineering (w/m/d)Berlin +8Business Analysis +2
- PwC DeutschlandTrainee SAP Cloud Solutions (w/m/d)Berlin +5System Engineering / Admin
- Schönmackers Umweltdienste GmbH & Co. KGIT Systemadministrator (m/w/d)KerpenSystem Engineering / Admin
- Vector Informatik GmbHDevOps Infrastructure Engineer (w/m/d)Regensburg +1System Engineering / Admin