(Senior) Software Engineer - Cloud (m/f/d)
Agriculture is all about balance. The balance that is crucial to everyone's existence - also applies to our Agricultural Solutions division. We connect innovative thinking with practical action to find the right balance for success - for farmers, agriculture and future generations. With seeds and traits, crop protection and digital solutions, we help farmers produce food more efficiently, protect the land and meet the needs of society.
We are looking for a (Senior) Software Engineer Cloud for our Digital Farming operations to develop and establish our service offerings successfully in the market. Within our global unit Digital Farming you will be responsible for our Cloud Infrastructure and Architecture as well as the implementation of business requirements into viable technical solutions for our external customers and internal teams.
- In your new position, you will be responsible for the development and operations of our AWS based Cloud Infrastructure as well as continuously improve security, architecture, and efficiency.
- Together with the Infrastructure DevOps team, you will support our engineering, technology, and data teams from infrastructure perspective to achieve their project targets.
- You will contribute towards maintaining high resilience and availability as well as measures of cost optimization of our Cloud infrastructure.
- In cooperation with the project team, you will translate Digital Farming business needs into IT requirements and concrete technical implementations covering the whole software development lifecycle.
- Last but not least, you will be responsible to define the right architecture components, concepts, interface specification and development, best-case with good business understanding.
- degree in computer sciences, natural sciences, engineering, mathematics, GIS or related fields with several years of professional work experience in a DevOps oriented, agile software development environment
- practical experience in implementing business requirements for data driven, customer facing IT-solutions on a global enterprise scale, ideally in an Agricultural and Digital Farming related area
- in-depth understanding in AWS cloud-based environments for server-based and serverless architectures as well as on Linux-based systems
- profound knowledge of modern scalable and production-ready Microservices architectures ideally in a Kubernetes context as well as good knowledge of Bash, Linux and Terraform
- fluent communication in English is mandatory, German or a second foreign language would be a benefit
- Modern working environment with state-of-the-art technologies as well as a job ticket.
- Onboarding to help you settle in quickly, ensuring you are part of the BASF team from day one.
- Development discussions and programs so that you can reach your full potential.
- Flexible work arrangements so that you can balance your working life and private life.
Do you have any questions about the application process or the position? Please reach out to Karina Urich, Tel.:+49 30 2005-58528
First information about our application process can be found here: http://on.basf.com/applicationprocess.
xarvio Digital Farming Solutions powered by BASF is at the forefront of the digital transformation of agriculture optimizing crop production. xarvio offers digital products, based on a global leading crop model platform, which deliver independent field-zone-specific agronomic advice enabling farmers to produce their crops most efficiently and sustainable. The xarvio products SCOUTING, FIELD MANAGER and HEALTHY FIELDS are being used by farmers in more than 100 countries worldwide. Working at BASF Digital Farming GmbH is equally as innovative as our products: we have a global network and work with agile methodologies in a start-up atmosphere. Join our team! Learn more about xarvio at www.xarvio.com or visit any of our social media channels.
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.
Please upload the documents, summarized in a PDF if possible.
- PwC Deutschland(Senior) Backend Developer (w/m/d) Interne BereicheBerlin +5Anwendungsentwicklung
- PwC Deutschland(Senior) Software Developer (w/m/d) TaxBerlin +2Anwendungsentwicklung
- Reply Deutschland SEJunior Softwareentwickler Sitecore (m/w/d)Hamburg +1Anwendungsentwicklung
- KfW BankengruppeFull Stack Entwickler/Architekt IBM FileNet ECM-Plattform (m/w/d)Frankfurt am MainAnwendungsentwicklung
- Atruvia AGSoftware Engineer (m/w/d) Mainframe/Host-SystemeKarlsruheAnwendungsentwicklung