Cloud Engineer (f/m/d) for Digital Platform Operations: Focus area Network
Vattenfall has a vision to be fossil-free within one generation. To accomplish this goal we are looking for a Cloud Engineer (f/m/d) for Digital Platform Operations: Focus area Network or our offices in Berlin, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Stockholm/ Solna, Katowice or Gliwice.
Do you find satisfaction in understanding how your technical expertise enables our business applications and by that be able to Power Climate Smarter Living?
We need to strengthen our cloud operations team with an additional colleague who is driven by technical challenges and the urge to always find better and more efficient ways of delivering services to the customer.
The Digital Platform Operation team is a multi-competence team, operating the Vattenfall Digital Platform; this comes with a big variety of tasks to ensure stable cloud systems. Those tasks are governance (ensuring architectural and security compliance), IaaS, PaaS, Network operation, Monitoring support, Azure DevOps support and capacity management. To handle all those different topics we must automate as much as possible and provide self-service functionality
Your Job as Cloud Engineer (f/m/d)
In the role as cloud engineer (f/m/d) you will be working in a team that is very close to business but also to Agile IT and Core IT. To succeed in this role it is important that you have the ability to get an T-shaped skill profile. This means be an expert in one or more of the following areas: Network, OS, Backup, Security, Databases, Web but become a generalist on all other areas touched by the cloud. So there is not one person dealing e.g. with Network it is the whole team. Since automation is key for our delivery, you are also expected to have the ability to code and/or script. You need to be able to let go of traditional way of working and be open for a fast changing and developing environment.
You are not only an expert technician but you also have social competence and understands the need of the business. You always challenge yourself and others how to improve and develop and are open for suggestions from others but can also give your own.
Your Responsibilities as Cloud Engineer (f/m/d)
As our cloud engineer your major responsible for ensuring a stable cloud platform which is evolving with the needs of the organization. Specific tasks would include:
- Cloud Networking
- Managing the network in the HUB
- Create Firewall rules
- Create Express Route peering
- Automation and orchestration
- Creating and maintaining automation based on scripts using e.g. REST
- Writing scripts in Powershell
- Configuration Management
- Using tools like ARM templates but also Ansible or DSC
- Managing the common ARM repository
- OS support
- Troubleshooting OS issues with Windows and Linux
- Ensuring proper usage of tagging, permission handling, naming and policies
- Support platform audits
- Financial analyses
- Having a good understanding of the cloud financial model and the TCO
- Giving advice on cloud consumption
- Manage and react on alerts from Azure Security Center
- Guiding projects together with IT security for secure implementation
- Source Code Management (Azure DevOps)
- Manage Azure DevOps (create project rooms, licenses management, feature enablement)
- Backlog handling
Your Profile as Cloud Engineer (f/m/d)
- An academic Degree in IT, engineering, science or mathematics
- Interested in new technologies and a fast learner
- Experience with cloud services
- Experience in a large international environment
- Experience in troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Be able to work under pressure
- Ability to translate complicated technical matters into simple understandable language
- A broad and versatile profile with one or several areas of deeper technical knowledge
We are looking for a specialist who is willing to develop to T-shaped cloud specialist and has a background in network preferable cloud network.
What we offer
At Vattenfall we are convinced that the pursuit of diversity helps to build a profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we are looking for a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- a challenging task within the IT department of the Vattenfall Group
- an indefinite fixed position
- flexible working hours
- standard market remuneration
- the opportunity to work in an international team
- a pleasant and trusting working atmosphere
- 30 days‘ holiday per year
- and an attractive pension scheme
For additional specific technical information about this vacancy announcement please contact Ramon Stockmann. For further information regarding the recruitment process you are welcome to contact recruiter Dominik Friebe +49 40 79022 1374.
We look forward to your application in English with a cover letter, curriculum vitae and relevant certificates or references. Please apply directly via our application link. Please note that we will only start the selection process after the application period has expired.
Due to COVID-19 we adapted our application process to the current conditions. Interviews regarding this position will be conducted via video conference. Do you have any questions about the application process or how we deal with COVID-19? Please visit our generic FAQ page in advance.
Since Vattenfall is part of the Swedish critical infrastructure many of our positions are security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates can be subject to a Security Vetting process, according to Swedish legislation.
We look forward to your application!
- PwC DeutschlandTrainee SAP Cloud Solutions (w/m/d)Berlin +5System Engineering / Admin
- IsabellenhütteIT-Systemadministrator (m/w/d)DillenburgSystem Engineering / Admin
- Flossbach von Storch AGCloud Engineer - MS Azure (m/w/d)KölnSystem Engineering / Admin
- MaternaIT System Engineer Deployment / Build Management (m/w/d)Berlin +4System Engineering / Admin
- CGI DeutschlandDatabase Administrator (m/w/d) SQL-ServerBremen +5Datenbankentwicklung / BI +1