Data Engineer (m/f/d)
We are talentsconnect
Talents Connect is a HR Tech Startup that changes the way how companies and candidates meet each other. We are focusing on both the candidates’ experiences as they discover and learn more about their prospective employer and on the recruiters’ experience as they express their brand and adopt a direct-to-talent approach. We are not alone with our view. Clients like Sixt, the Metro Group, Daimler Mobility, Airbus, E.ON, Covestro and Viessmann are changing the market together with us.
We are growing and have big plans, which means we have multiple openings for data people to work in our Data Tribe.
talentsconnect is a mature German startup based in Cologne that is changing how companies and candidates meet each other. We are growing and have big plans, which means we have multiple openings for data people in two squads.
One of those squads focuses on the recruiters' needs, building historical reporting (including the data collection and pipelines) and generating recommendations. Our goal is that the recruiter should always know their next best action. The other squad focuses on the candidates' needs, creating the ideal candidate funnel. Our goal is to turn visitors into candidates by helping them learn more about the company and find their perfect job offering. This role is about funnel analytics, NLP and recommendations.
- Data pipelines: build, maintain and orchestrate data pipelines for reporting, recommendation models and forecasting using Python and Airflow, connecting to DBs, APIs and object storage services (such as GCS).
- Data architecture and curation: further develop of our data storage solution, setting up company-wide standards, in order to provide a curated and accessible data substrate to accelerate the work of our Data Scientists (through programmatic access) and Data Analysts (by integrating connections with BI tools such as Tableau or Apache Superset).
- Management of ML systems: Set up automatic processes for assessment and deployment of production machine learning models used for, e.g., performance prediction, content-based recommendations.
User or client tracking: Depending on the squad you would join, your focus will be more related to delivering value either to candidates or to our clients (e.g. recruiters). Therefore, that part of your work will involve either traffic analytic tools (Google Analytics, Matomo) or product ones (e.g.: Amplitude).
As a Data Engineer you will work in a small cross-functional team (Data Scientist, Backend and Frontend Developers, Quality Assurance, UX, and PO) to shape our future. Our team structure and outcome-based approach mean the teams have a lot of visibility into how they impact the success of the company and autonomy for strategy. As a vital member of the team, your contributions will be evident.
Finally, to avoid knowledge silos, we share best practices across teams and foster learning, our team structure is dynamic, and hence it is possible to rotate among different squads.
While we value your specialized skills and unique background, our data people have a lot in common. We're looking for a(n):
- solid software engineer: experienced in building and maintaining systems with reliability and scale in mind.
- high-energy self-starter with experience and drive for building data infrastructure and pipelines.
- You are open to new technologies and are rarely satisfied with the status quo; you want to take what you’ve built to the next level, and share your learnings.
- A desire to work on a small, cross-functional team; you value collaborating on problems, asking questions, delivering feedback, and supporting the team in its goals.
- Ability to work in a remote, diverse environment. Exceptional communication skills in English (and maybe a bit of German) with the ability to translate technical concepts into easy to understand language.
Our data team members all have extensive experience in Python, SQL, Cypher and in a variety of data stores – both structured and unstructured – as well as Airflow and Docker. But, they are not adverse to new technologies, and will do what it takes to support their team members.
- PwC DeutschlandData Analyst Process Mining - Financial Services Teilzeit/Vollzeit (w/m/d)Berlin +5Datenbankentwicklung / BI
- Schwarz DienstleistungConsultant Business Intelligence - Cloud Data Warehouse (m/w/d)NeckarsulmConsulting +2
- Otto Group Solution Provider (OSP)Junior Software Engineer Machine Learning | Product Sales Forecasting | OTTO Business Intelligence (w/m/d)HamburgAnwendungsentwicklung +3
- REWE SystemsBusiness Intelligence Analyst (m/w/d)KölnConsulting +1
- Otto Group Solution Provider (OSP)Junior Data Engineer | Cloud native | Otto Group data.works (w/m/d)HamburgDatenbankentwicklung / BI +1