Junior/Associate DevOps Engineer (m/f/d)
The DevOps Engineer is part of a cross-functional development team. The DevOps Engineer enables his team to quickly implement solutions without external IT dependencies. Bring the source code from the repository to production and operate it in the live environment. The DevOps Engineer also executes the department strategy as provided by the management.
- Integration of assigned games into central services: stakeholder support or consulting (on-site if needed and hands-on server/network and software configuration and integration
- Development of new central services: conception, build chain, configuration, deployment, operation, integration of the assigned games, and adherence to the software development processes and standards within Bigpoint
- Maintenance of patch/update and configuration management, and small change requests
- Service Operation: operate live games and services, develop/integrate/maintain tools and services you need for operations, take part in on-call duty process and network operation center shifts
- Understand and be able to support the build chain of the games and services
- Understand and be able to support the deployment system of the games and services
- Incident and change management execute both processes according to our guidelines and documentation.
- University degree in IT Business or comparable qualification
- 1-2 years of experience with 24×7 operation of an IT platform or professional experience as a software developer
- Strong experience in cloud technologies and Kubernetes, and development processes and tools from build to deployment for cloud-based systems (terraform, helm)
- Professional experience in server administration and troubleshooting on Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, or CentOS)
- very good experience with monitoring of system availability and trends (e.g., Prometheus, ELK, Pager Duty, etc.)
- Good to very good knowledge of the administration of Linux/Unix standard services (Apache, MySQL, Nginx, etc.)
- Good scripting skills in at least one programming language (e.g., PHP, Ruby, Python, or Perl)
- Proven experience with Bash
- Experience with configuration management systems (e.g., Puppet, Opscode Chef, Ansible, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with VMware environment is a plus
- Strong DevOps mindset and service mentality
- Dedicated team player with great interpersonal skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
For direct application: please send only completed application (CV, Cover Letter, References) to firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to the job reference number.
With over 410 million registered players and over 50 games, Bigpoint is one of the leading developers and publishers of free to play games in the world. Being part of the Yoozoo group, we believe that everybody should be able to play great games and, with an uncompromising focus on quality, strive to push the boundaries of gaming, exceeding our players expectations with fun, accessible and innovative content.
- LeasePlan Deutschland GmbHIT Application Support Analyst (m/w/d) – Schwerpunkt MS Office 365DüsseldorfBusiness Analysis +1
- PwC DeutschlandTrainee SAP Cloud Solutions (w/m/d)Berlin +5System Engineering / Admin
- Thalia Bücher GmbHSystems Engineer / Systemadministrator - Retail IT (m/w/d)Aachen +3System Engineering / Admin
- RATIONALSAP Basis Administrator / Berechtigungsmanagement (m/w/d)Landsberg am LechSystem Engineering / Admin
- QAwareDevOps Engineer* (m/w/d)Mainz +2System Engineering / Admin