As the tech lead for the team building the merchant mobile app on Android, you’ll be leading a small group of Android developers to empower our business users to leverage Groupon as their partner to drive customers through their door. We’re past the world where software was written for “businesses” - we build software for people! The needs of our users are both demanding and complex - your team will build compelling, contextually aware, and timely experiences for our merchant users on their phones and tablets. You’ll be driving our technical decisions and collaborating with back end engineering teams as well as product and design partners to ensure our merchant users get what they need, when they need it. The experiences need to be incredibly high quality and performant - our business users can’t tolerate downtime or errors, as Groupon is critical in serving their individual customers.
At the end of the day, you’ll be writing great code, and will be collaborating with product, engineering, and design leaders to ensure we’re not only solving problems in the right way, but that we’re solving the right problems.
The merchant engineering team is growing significantly, and there are numerous opportunities available - we’re going to change the face of local commerce, and if you’re up for the challenge, please get in touch!
- BA/BS in Computer Science or relevant work experience
- Deep knowledge of Java and the Android ecosystem
- Kotlin is a huge plus, or at least be willing to learn it
- Proven track record of at least one Android application in the appstore that is used by someone other than your mum
- Experience with RESTful web services and JSON but not afraid of heterogeneous APIs
- You dream of Clean Code and enjoy discussing pull requests
- Unit Testing is not an unknown word for you
- You know what gradle is and are not afraid in writing or extending tasks
- Experience targeting multiple Android devices, both phones and tablets, from multiple manufacturers and across all OS versions
- Experience with widely used libraries, tools and frameworks like Butterknife, Retrofit2, EventBus, Mockito...