Spacecraft Simulator Software Engineer (m/f/d)
REF. NO. 20_004
The Terma Simulations Group develops spacecraft simulators and related software for our customers including the European Space Agency, EUMETSAT and the commercial space industry spacecraft manufacturers.
We are looking for enthusiastic and talented Software Engineers with an interest in space systems modelling to join our simulators development group in Darmstadt, Germany. As part of the group, you will work in all aspects of software development, from analysis and design, through to testing and deployment.
As a Spacecraft Simulator Software Engineer, you can expect to gain an exceptionally wide understanding of many aspects of space missions, not only of spacecraft subsystems but also mission operations.
As a Spacecraft Simulator Software Engineer, you will design, implement and test spacecraft simulator software as part of a team of software and aerospace engineers. Software design follows object-oriented design methods in UML notation using the MagicDraw tool for both design and code generation. The implementation language is mainly C++.
You will be expected to utilize professional best practice software engineering processes and techniques throughout design, implementation and testing, using metrics to control and measure the quality and maintainability of the developed software. Both conventional and Agile development lifecycle models are used where appropriate, with full configuration management of all software.
This is a full-time position with a planned starting date as soon as possible.
Qualifications & Competencies
Applicants should have a university degree in Computer Science or similar. Degrees in Aerospace Engineering, Electronic Engineering or Mathematics/Physics may also be suitable provided solid software engineering capabilities can be demonstrated.
Essential skills are:
- Solid experience with programming in C++ and objected oriented programming.
- Development using GNU/Linux.
- Software modeling using UML
- Understanding of software modeling techniques, especially of spacecraft subsystems and dynamics.
- Experience with unit testing (e.g. CppUnit based tests)
- Experience in developing real-time software
Desirable skills are:
- Understanding of spacecraft subsystems and spacecraft operations concepts.
- ESA’s SIMSAT simulation infrastructure
- ESA’s SMP2 standard
- ESA Reference Architecture (REFA) and Generic Models
- CORBA, XML.
- POSIX programming
- Familiar with formal requirements-based design, development and verification.
- Experience with Waterfall or Agile SCRUM software development lifecycles.
- Knowledge of ESA software development standards (ECSS)
You must be able to work independently and in a focused way against firm deadlines. You should be comfortable working in an international team, and possess good teamwork skills. Ability to work in English (spoken and written) is essential. Good communication with colleagues and superiors is also important.
What can Terma offer
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
- Great opportunities for training and personal development
- Challenges in advanced technical environment
- International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
- An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal benefits
- Highly competitive salary
For further information, please contact Mrs. Raluca Moise by telephone [+49 61518600510] or by email [Recruitment.email@example.com].
Please note that applicants must hold all appropriate documentation and permits to work in Europe.
This Privacy Notice covers any personal data you submit to Terma for the recruiting process, including e.g.:
- Your name, contact details and application status
- Information included in your CV or cover letter, such as job history, academic background, skills and competencies, personal interests, languages spoken, and your photo
- Job preferences and type of employment sought
- Names and contact details for references
- PwC DeutschlandFull-Stack Developer .NET/Vuejs (w/m/d)DüsseldorfAnwendungsentwicklung
- Cryptshare AGSoftwareentwickler Frontend/OWA (m/w/d)Freiburg (im Breisgau)Anwendungsentwicklung +1
- Vodafone GmbHCustomer Data Integration - Lead Softwareentwickler & -architekt (m/w/d)UnterföhringAnwendungsentwicklung +2
- BertrandtSystem Softwareentwickler (m/w/d)IngolstadtAnwendungsentwicklung
- Vector Informatik GmbHSoftwareentwickler Testautomatisierung und Testinfrastruktur Network Interfaces (m/w/d)Regensburg +1Anwendungsentwicklung