Advanced DevOps MongoDB Engineer (m/f/d)
Job ID: 113207
Job Family: Information Technology
If you could change one thing about travel, what would it be? At Amadeus, you can make that happen!
Travel makes the world a better place and we are fully dedicated to improving it and making it even more rewarding.
We are one of the world’s top 15 software companies: we provide technology solutions and services within the travel industry.
Do you have ideas on how to improve travel for everyone? Do you find the idea of working in a diverse, multicultural environment exciting?
Are you ready to make an impact across the world? Great, then join us! Let’s shape the future of travel together. #shapethefutureoftravel@Amadeus
At Amadeus we’re powering better journeys through travel technology, creating the new and unexpected in the world of travel. And so, can you!
We’re a global team of over 16,000 professionals of 149 nationalities, working across 190 countries. Join us to add your voice to our diverse mix for better discussions, decisions and outcomes for everyone.
Be innovative. Be impactful. Be Amadeus.
Summary of the role:
As an Advanced DevOps MongoDB, you’ll work as part of an experienced agile team to industrialize and manage the Amadeus modern NoSQL ecosystem, operated privately as well as on the public Cloud! We run today 100+ clusters, with more than 600 MongoDB servers.
We're looking for talented, digital minds like you to join the squad allowing Amadeus applications to benefit from cutting-edge NoSQL solutions – at scale. Join us as we shape the future of travel.
Your main responsibilities:
- Your goal each day will be to expand and manage our modern MongoDB database farms hosted on-premise and in the Cloud (Microsoft Azure)! Do you like developing and using automation (e.g. Ansible, RESTful services), implementing new technology trends (e.g. deployments on hybrid clouds, using IaaS and PaaS), running containers on Kubernetes / Docker, becoming a top-notch MongoDB DevOps engineer?
- You’ll participate to or lead the conception, planning and implementation of end to end solutions, with a focus on business outcome. You will contribute to the work of project teams & to cross-departmental projects, and be able to work independently, with guidance for overall topics or strategies.
- Your main duties will include operating and deploying MongoDB clusters, participating to the development, unit-testing and documentation of MongoDB automation components, as well as to investigating and troubleshooting customer incidents (including on-call). You’ll also be responsible to solve complex problems, by closely following technology evolutions and enriching the feature set delivered to the Amadeus engineering community.
- All those activities will be managed under Agile methodologies, i.e. SAFe / SCRUM & Kanban.
About the ideal candidate:
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
- Comfortable with Agile methodologies, i.e. frequent, incremental software testing and deployment
- Knowledge and experience with MongoDB technology, including MongoDB OpsManager
- Experience as a Linux administrator (Redhat distribution)
- Passion and curiosity in scripting languages (e.g. python, shell) & GIT / Jenkins
- Knowledge in infrastructure automation (Terraform, Ansible)
- Knowledge and experience in cloud providers (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenStack) and Kubernetes / OpenShift / Docker is a plus
- Able to work independently and receive a moderate level of guidance only for overall topics or strategies
- Good communication skills and ability to drive results in a complex, multicultural environment and at different hierarchical levels
- Diligence, analytical and conceptional thinking skills
- Good written and oral communication abilities, to drive results in a multicultural environment
What we can offer you:
- A competitive salary and an extensive range of benefits, including 30 days holiday, pension, healthcare, bonus and discount schemes amongst other
- Skills development and opportunities to try new ideas
- Experience in one of the world’s top software companies
- Impact millions of travelers around the globe
The application process takes no longer than 10 minutes! Create your candidate profile, upload your CV and apply. Once we’ve received your application, we’ll send you an invite for a telephone interview.
Are you the one we’re looking for? Apply now!
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.
The posting of vacancies and the treatment of applications are, in each Amadeus location, subject to national law and possible collective agreements with local staff representation. Internal Mobility policies vary from office to office, please check with
your local HR representative the requirements and policy in place. E.g. a minimum time on position or Line Manager approval may be requested. You are applying for the legal entity Amadeus Data Processing GmbH.
- DIPF | Leibniz-Institut für Bildungsforschung und BildungsinformationSystem-Administrator*in (m/w/d)BerlinSystem Engineering / Admin
- KfW BankengruppeLead Developer im Cloud-Umfeld (m/w/d)Frankfurt am MainAnwendungsentwicklung +1
- REWE SystemsERP Engineer Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance & SCM (m/w/d)KölnAnwendungsentwicklung +1
- LeasePlan Deutschland GmbH(Junior) IT Application Support Analyst (m/w/d) – Schwerpunkt Office 365DüsseldorfBusiness Analysis +1
- CSSSenior DevOps (m/w/d) für den Bereich Research & DeploymentFuldaSystem Engineering / Admin