Service Reliability Engineer MariaDB (m/f/d)
Job ID: 115887
Job Family: Data Management
At Amadeus we’re powering better journeys through travel technology, creating the new and unexpected in the world of travel. And so can you!
We’re a global team of over 16,000 professionals of 149 nationalities, working across 190 countries. Join us to add your voice to our diverse mix for better discussions, decisions and outcomes for everyone.
Be innovative. Be impactful. Be Amadeus.
Summary of the role
As a Service Reliability Engineer MariaDB, you’ll work as part of an experienced agile team to industrialize and manage the Amadeus SQL ecosystem, operated privately as well as on the public Cloud! We run today more than 400 MariaDB servers.
We're looking for talented, digital mind like you to join the team allowing Amadeus applications to benefit from cutting-edge SQL solutions – at scale. Join us as we shape the future of travel.
Your main responsibilities
Your goal each day will be to improve our internal Database-as-a-Service offer by validating new MariaDB features (TDE encryption, ProxySQL cluster, automatic failover with Orchestrator...), implementing new automations (Ansible, Shell, Python), providing easier methods for the users to access the database (APIs to manage the inventory, provide credentials as Openshift Secrets, etc.), both on premise and in the Cloud (Microsoft Azure)!
Do you like developing and using automation, implementing new technology trends (e.g. deployments on hybrid clouds, using IaaS and PaaS), running containers on Kubernetes / Docker, becoming a top-notch MariaDB DevOps engineer in a very dynamic and global environment? You’ll participate to or lead the conception, planning and implementation of end-to-end solutions, with a focus on business outcome. You will contribute to the work of project teams & to cross-departmental projects, and be able to work independently, with guidance for overall topics or strategies.
Your main duties will include an active participation to the development, unit-testing and documentation of MariaDB automation components. You’ll also be responsible to solve complex problems, by closely following technology evolutions and enriching the feature set delivered to the Amadeus engineering community.
All those activities will be managed under Agile methodologies, i.e. SAFe / SCRUM.
About the ideal candidate
- University degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in Systems or Database Administration/Software Engineering/DevOps
Computing: Linux operating system administration, Ansible, Python, Shell, GIT, OpenShift, IAAS, Jenkins
Knowledge and experience with SQL technologies (MariaDB or MySQL),
- Good understanding of Software Engineering methodologies and development cycle (Open Source development)
- Good understanding of monitoring tools and concepts (Grafana, Prometheus, Splunk)
- Agile Methodologies
- Proficient in English (both verbal and written)
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently
Good knowledge in one of the following areas is a substantial plus:
- Container platforms (Docker, Podman, Kubernetes, Openshift)
- Networking concepts Communication Protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, SSH, HTTP/S)
- Cloud systems and related ecosystem (Azure, OpenStack, AWS API, etc.)
What we can offer you
- Be part of a multicultural team of 16,000+ professionals
- Experience in one of the world’s top software companies
- Add your voice to our diverse mix and make a global impact
- A competitive salary and an extensive range of benefits, including 30 days holiday, pension, healthcare, bonus and discount schemes amongst other
- Impact positively millions of travelers around the globe
The application process takes no longer than 10 minutes! Create your candidate profile, upload your CV and apply. Once we’ve received your application, we’ll send you an invite for a telephone interview.
Are you ready to make an impact? Leave your footprint in a world of better journeys.
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.
The posting of vacancies and the treatment of applications are, in each Amadeus location, subject to national law and possible collective agreements with local staff representation. Internal Mobility policies vary from office to office, please check with your local HR representative the requirements and policy in place. E.g. a minimum time on position or Line Manager approval may be requested. You are applying for the legal entity Amadeus Data Processing GmbH.
- DIPF | Leibniz-Institut für Bildungsforschung und BildungsinformationSystem-Administrator*in (m/w/d)BerlinSystem Engineering / Admin
- KfW BankengruppeLead Developer im Cloud-Umfeld (m/w/d)Frankfurt am MainAnwendungsentwicklung +1
- REWE SystemsERP Engineer Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance & SCM (m/w/d)KölnAnwendungsentwicklung +1
- LeasePlan Deutschland GmbH(Junior) IT Application Support Analyst (m/w/d) – Schwerpunkt Office 365DüsseldorfBusiness Analysis +1
- CSSSenior DevOps (m/w/d) für den Bereich Research & DeploymentFuldaSystem Engineering / Admin