As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends, energy consumption, production line data or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Data Scientists are part of a cross-functional team that delivers a unique client co-creation experience to accelerate client transformation. Furthermore, you will work closely with IBM Research to implement state-of-the-art Machine Learning applications for our clients. If you’re interested in being a part of a team that’s constantly learning and problem-solving, we’d love to talk with you.
- Acts as a key contributor to a Consulting team, partnering with clients to understand business problems and propose technical solutions
- Responsible for technical leadership for a team of data scientists
- Developing and implementing productive Machine Learning applications to address business challenges
- Translates business problems into leading-edge analytics solutions using consulting skills, industry expertise and technical knowledge
- Communicate complex Machine Learning findings to multi-disciplinary teams
- Familiar with Data Engineering techniques to gathers, prepare, cleanse, and transforms client data for analysis and AI automation, including automating data pipelines
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s or Master (preferred) Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related fields
- >3 years of relevant professional experience in the following fields
- deploying machine learning pipelines
- practical coding experience and strong Python skills
- practical experience in Tensorflow and Pytorch
- practical experience and knowledge in Machine Learning pipeline tools such as Data Version Control (DVC), Mlflow, Kubeflow, Pylint, etc.
- practical experience of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.)
- practical experience and strong skills in using Git and Github
- practical experience in designing explainable AI applications (SHAP, Attention Layers, etc.)
- fluent German and English skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- practical experience in AI model security approaches
- practical experience in visualizing/presenting data and using frameworks: D3, plotly etc.
- practical experience in querying databases and usage of SLQ
About Business Unit
IBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Key Job Details
- Category:Data Science
- Required Education:Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type:Professional
- Employment Type:Full-time OR Part-time
- Contract Type:Regular
- Company:(7240) IBM Deutschland GmbH
- Req ID:491769BR
- Travel Required:Some travel may be required based on business demand
- DevoteamMicrosoft Business Intelligence ist genau dein Thema?MünchenDatenbankentwicklung / BI
- MCL GroupWerkstudent (m/w/d) Business IntelligenceBöblingenDatenbankentwicklung / BI
- KfW BankengruppeDatenbankadministrator (m/w/d)Frankfurt am MainDatenbankentwicklung / BI +1
- Otto Group Solution Provider (OSP)Data Engineer (m/w/div)DresdenDatenbankentwicklung / BI
- Deutsche BundesbankPraktikum "Data Science" im Bereich Master- und QuerschnittsdatenFrankfurt am MainDatenbankentwicklung / BI