Data Engineer/Analyst (all genders)
About this role
Resourcify's vision is to enable a zero-waste future - and you'll play an essential role in shaping our recycling platform. You are a data engineer with analytical skills? Or a data analyst with engineering experience? Then we are looking for you!
In our current set-up, we employ independent data marts. That means that the data marts are directly fed by the data sources via ETL without an intermediary data warehouse. Reporting is done with reporting tools on top of the data marts.
You will be responsible for maintaining and extending our ETL-processes, fostering and creating data marts as required, analysing the data to support business decisions, and building internal as well as external reporting dashboards.
In the future, we would like to add a data warehouse between the data sources and the data mart. You will be the driving force behind this change and shape the implementation with your experience and skills.
In the position you will be interfacing with the development teams as owners of the data sources and the dev-ops infrastructure, the growth team as business development unit for data analysis, the product unit for product design, as well as other units such as management and clients for reporting.
Furthermore, you’ll take care of data governance, bring data standardisation topics on the roadmaps, drive data topics, and make sure that Resourcify’s decisions are data informed.
What you will be doing
- Maintain and extend our ETL pipeline and data marts
- Analyse data to support business decisions
- Develop informative waste handling KPIs
- Set-up automated analysis pipelines
- Build external and internal dashboards
- Take care of data governance and promote data thinking in the company
- Drive standardisation topics
- Support our vision our vision of a circular waste economy
We would love it if you
- Are well versed in ETL processes, their structure and idiosyncrasies; and you can design as well as implement them in cooperation with DevOps
- Are experienced in answering questions and presenting results in BI-tools (e.g. Metabase, Tableau, Power-BI)
- Are fluent in an SQL dialect and experienced in writing complex queries
- Performed complex data analysis drawing from various sources to answer challenging business questions
- Can plan, set-up and manage relational databases
- Have collected some experience in using Python for data analysis and data transformation
- Have dealt with cloud services before
- Have a basic knowledge of statistics and how to apply it in data analysis
- Understand data intuitively
- Have a strong ‘get things done’ attitude and an organised, analytical mindset
- Are fluent in written and spoken English
- Can travel to Germany (about 2 to 4 times a year for team and company events)
- Remote work: work from home in the EU or UK with an internet connection
- A great working environment in a fast-growing company with big ambitions
- Flexibility in your daily work and working schedules
- High-end tech (MacBook Pro or equivalent, monitor and accessories)
- A competitive salary
- 6 weeks vacation per year
Diversity & Inclusion
Resourcify believes in the power of a diverse work environment and is fully committed to building and maintaining an inclusive culture. We believe that our differences can create new ideas, offer unique perspectives and speak on behalf of all of our customers. If you think you have what it takes but don't check all the boxes, reach out anyway - we’d love to hear from you.
- PwC Deutschland(Senior) Consultant Data & Analytics Transfer Pricing Teilzeit/Vollzeit (w/m/d)Berlin +8Business Analysis +2
- cbs Corporate Business SolutionsSAP (Senior) Consultant BW/4HANA – Business Intelligence (m/w/d)Berlin +7Consulting +1
- DevoteamMicrosoft Business Intelligence ist genau dein Thema?StuttgartDatenbankentwicklung / BI
- Mobil ISCSAP BI Entwickler/Berater (m/w/d)Bayreuth +4Anwendungsentwicklung +2
- ALDI NordData Analyst (m/w/d)EssenBusiness Analysis +1